What's new

Theme issue

CliffyDontCare

Reaction score
I used a bytafont to changed my font and then applied a dreamboard theme. I removed the font, but when I used a dreamboard theme the font is still there. I tried using ifile to change it but no luck. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Any response is greatly appreciated.

Restore mate. Thisa is why I dont use bytaFont,.......You can never get your normal font back. I'm afraid the only way to fix this besides restoring is to isntall BytaFont again, and apply a font you like, or one simalar to the stock font and stick with it.

Alternantively you could try "FontSwap". tho I have no idea if that tweak is any better.

Should you happen to find a fix for for the changed fint without restoring, or anything please post back and let us know. i would like to experiment with some fonts, but that one bug..........well.............bugs me.

I might remove bytafont and re-install it, but it only happens when I use an dreamboard theme not when I'm on stock

CliffyDontCare said:
I might remove bytafont and re-install it, but it only happens when I use an dreamboard theme not when I'm on stock

Perhaps try removing and reinstalling the DreamBoard theme then.

Or removing DreamBoard completely, then installing again, then install the theme again. That may help.

Jmills87 said:
Open up BytaFont and click the "Restore Original" button. This will reset your fonts to stock.

I have tried that before, but would alway randomly get some weird font.

G-Weezy said:
If you are using Dreamboard I don't think Bytafont will change it. You have to use ifile or shh into your phone and go into the themes folder under style.css folder and change the font there to what you want. I just tried Dreamboard theme and the font did not change at all.

How do I get into the themes folder?

Ifile is your best friend. var/stash/mobile/Dreamboard. There you can figure the settings. If you like a font from a certain theme. Sometimes they provide the plist that contains the font. You copy that plist and move it into the Dreamboard theme and change the font style to xxxx.

Why don't you just find a font you like?
I'm using Sony Sketch EF and really like it.

The OP stated that the font he/she using is not working with the Dreamboard theme. I'm sure the OP has a font they like. The problem is Dreamboard will not change it using Bytafont.

I suggested taking the plist from the theme and placing that into the the Dreamboards plist and manually going into ifile CSS.style file and rename the font to the one they like. That way the theme will recognize the plist as its source for the font.