What's new

Theme Background Problem

Dark Dragon

Reaction score
Asia's Bottom, Saudi Arabia, Al-Qatif, Hay AL-Maje
Hello :) i got a problem in my theme, i dunno if its normal and happens to everyone or its just me, this is my theme normally, focus on the BG

$image-890413734.jpg

And when i open a folder,it shows my "non-themed" BG, focus on the BG

$image-75741170.jpg

So is it normal and happens to all?, and how can i fix it?

Um.....I don't get it.

What are you trying to fix?

It looks like the same background that comes with Absolution theme.

I have the same exact theme.

zig9449 said:
Um.....I don't get it.

What are you trying to fix?

It looks like the same background that comes with Absolution theme.

I have the same exact theme.

The background in the first pic is what he wants. But he's saying the Springboard background changes when he opens a folder, as seen in the second pic.

Mine did the same. SSh into the theme you are using and find the wallpaper you are using..."the black one..." copy that background and save it to your pictures folder. Then, on your phone select that picture and set it as wallpaper. The theme will then show that wallpaper when folders are open,

triggergun said:
Mine did the same. SSh into the theme you are using and find the wallpaper you are using..."the black one..." copy that background and save it to your pictures folder. Then, on your phone select that picture and set it as wallpaper. The theme will then show that wallpaper when folders are open,

Im still new to ssh, how can i do what you mentioned above?, i mean give me the commands, my theme is absolution.

Dark Dragon said:
Im still new to ssh, how can i do what you mentioned above?, i mean give me the commands, my theme is absolution.

Use i-FunBox

Save it to your desktop.

Plug in iPhone.
Open i-FunBox
Click on "Raw File System".

Navigate to "var/stash/themes.xxxxxx/Absolution.theme".

In that folder there are wallpapers.

Tap in the one you want....tap "Image Viewer"

Tap the screen su you have a full screw view and take a screenshot by pressing the sleep/wake and home button simultaneously in a quick press.

Now the wallpaper is saved in the Camera Roll....

I think that is what he was telling you to do.

Am I correct.

no need to take a screen shot ,, when you find the wallpaper copy and paste to desktop. Then go to camera and drag the wallpaper into your camera . Then on your phone, open your photos, select the pic and set as wallpaper.

triggergun said:
no need to take a screen shot ,, when you find the wallpaper copy and paste to desktop. Then go to camera and drag the wallpaper into your camera . Then on your phone, open your photos, select the pic and set as wallpaper.

Lol.

That sounds like a little more extra work then just pressing 2 buttons.lol.

But if you insist in doing that...that's fine...i'd rather do it the slightly easier way.

Just because you can do something another way doesn't mean you should.

Far easier to do with iFile then through SSH.

I didnt quite understand : "Tap the screen su you have a full screw view and take a screenshot by pressing the sleep/wake and home button simultaneously in a quick press. I rarely "full screw" any photos...it just seems dirty.

Zig, thanx, i gone to iFile, and gone to var/stash/themes.dIYCXX(i think that was.dIYCXX) anyways then i opened absolution.theme and found the wallapaper there, okay im done but if i want to learn more how to ssh through files,etc.. How can i do so?

Dark Dragon said:
Zig, thanx, i gone to iFile, and gone to var/stash/themes.dIYCXX(i think that was.dIYCXX) anyways then i opened absolution.theme and found the wallapaper there, okay im done but if i want to learn more how to ssh through files,etc.. How can i do so?

You already know how to SSH....
You just did it.

Every time you need to SSH...or use iFile to get to a certain DIR(Directory) then you just follow the path.

For example:

Back up your SMS messages to restores after a restore and setup as new device.

var/mobile/Library/SMS/
Drag "sms.db" to desktop.

Now you messages are saved.

After restore...and jailbreak....place sms.db in the same path..and all the messages will be there from before.

All it is is following a simple path....most of the time.

You can use i-FunBox to access the file system from the computer...or use iFile to access the file system from the device.

With certain task...one is preferred over the other. Some things are easier with iFile....some easier with SSH. (yea..using iFile really isn't considered "SSH"). But the same thing really.

zig9449 said:
You already know how to SSH....
You just did it.

Every time you need to SSH...or use iFile to get to a certain DIR(Directory) then you just follow the path.

For example:

Back up your SMS messages to restores after a restore and setup as new device.

var/mobile/Library/SMS/
Drag "sms.db" to desktop.

Now you messages are saved.

After restore...and jailbreak....place sms.db in the same path..and all the messages will be there from before.

All it is is following a simple path....most of the time.

You can use i-FunBox to access the file system from the computer...or use iFile to access the file system from the device.

With certain task...one is preferred over the other. Some things are easier with iFile....some easier with SSH. (yea..using iFile really isn't considered "SSH"). But the same thing really.

Yea i know, but i always want to learn new things, there are some things that i NEED to do that NEEDs SSH, and everyone knows that i think?, and so i just wanted someone to tell me how to ssh, thanx for the info described above, but are you able to teach me the SSH Commands Basics?, and i think that after i get the basics, slowly i will become an expert, no building has survived without a base :), and btw i dont think that there is an iFunbox for linux, i tried a looong time ago to install the win ver(its the only version i've found) but i needed Wine to emulate it on linux, and whilst EMULATING it, it cant interact with the iPod touch and mount it.

Last edited: