What's new

The next "big things"

Neubeehunhun

Reaction score
Years ago I was excited my mom got a Sony Ericsson phone I could play the snake game with. It was unimaginable that now you could pack media player/camera/browser/GPS etc. into today's slim and light smartphones.

So what do you think will be the next "big things" to happen to the iphone/smart phones?

The next big thing probably won't hit the market for another 2-3 years at the rate that Apple's going. iPhone after iPhone it's pretty much the same thing without nothing new. What it'll be? Who knows.

We have become so acclimatized to doing what would have been the stuff of science fiction just a few years ago that the next big thing is probably already on your phone. You just don't recognize it.

You have the world's libraries at your fingertips, you can translate any phrase from any language to any other language, take a photograph and send it halfway round the world, find your way around a strange city with an ease once only possible for a native, forecast the weather several days in advance, type a report and print it out, or send it halfway round the world at the same time as the earlier mentioned photograph, have a conversation with anyone, anywhere with full color video, listen to hundreds of hours of music, watch movies, buy music and movies and have them delivered, instantly, and a whole lot more.

I'd say what we already have is pretty damned big, except that its contained in a device that is only four inches long. I invite you to be impressed.

I agree. It would be hard to say what's the next big thing because it seems it has gradually made it so we have now a mini computer that fits in pockets that can do just about everything. Perhaps we might get holograms and laser keyboards next (actually rumors have it galaxy s4 may have this).