What's new

The new siri

Andrew23169

Reaction score
I just bought the new iPhone and have been messing with the new feature siri. I am curious as to when I do a search for a restaurant or other business using Siri, how to I get my company(or a clients company) to appear in this list of suggestions?

I have noticed that if Siri can not find a specific answer, it directs me to use google search. Which there Google works like normal and my business name shows up.

How is siri looking for these answers? Is it using the Internet? Or a local database or something similar with predefined answers?

I think it's a combo. It most likely uses google maps to find the locations(even though the whole Steve jobs/google fight). Also, of you notice at the bottom of the suggestions, it cites yelp for ratings. So I'm guessing a combo of yelp and google maps.

betagold said:
I think it's a combo. It most likely uses google maps to find the locations(even though the whole Steve jobs/google fight). Also, of you notice at the bottom of the suggestions, it cites yelp for ratings. So I'm guessing a combo of yelp and google maps.

Plus one. I would add wolfram alpha to that list

It's not google maps and yelp that constitute the business being searched in Siri. I'm having the same problem with my business. My business is searchable in both Yelp and Google maps.

I also at a loss.. my business is ranked usually #1 or #2 in google maps .. have a complete profile in yelp.. but Siri doesn't find me even if we are standing right out front.