What's new

The Low Glare 6 iPhone 5 Screen is Amazing

perezr10

Reaction score
After a couple of weeks I continue to be amazed at what a huge difference the low-glare attributes of this new screen brings to the table. Looking at my phone in a bright car is probably better than any phone on the market, it's that awesome. Not just because there is lower glare either, the screen's brightness is unrivaled. My hat is off to Apple for putting their resources where it makes a difference.

Another area that I had no idea where low-glare would have a benefit is in the area of fingerprints. On my iPhone 4S, I always had this urge to wipe my screen down because they were so apparent. You don't realize this, but part of what makes the smudges so bad is that the the mirror quality of the screen magnifies them. Now, with the new screen design, the smudges are much less apparent. They are there, just not magnified.

The upgrade from the 4S is worth it just for the new screen alone.

hookbill said:
Just don't look at it when you are driving. Please.

I'll second that. I always used to text while driving until it became the law around here. I know it almost got me into some accidents but never realized how crazy it was until I stopped doing it and started noticing other people still doing it while driving and just how badly they are driving.

I've noticed the same thing myself. The iPhone 5 screen is quite visible, even in bright sunlight, where the screen on my iPhone 4S would be lost in the glare.

hookbill said:
Just don't look at it when you are driving. Please.

True! My wife and I always fight over who has to drive so the other can catch up on some reading.