What's new

The iPhone 6 Captures 'Dancers of New York' Video Shot in Slow Motion

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score

Here's something slick to brighten your afternoon. A talented videographer used his handy iPhone 6 to video some talented dancers on the streets of New York City. The video is appropriately titled, "Dancers of New York" and is a quick representation of some very limber and acrobatic folks. It also showcases how "limber and acrobatic" the iPhone 6 camera can be even when used for filming video, as it uses the slo-mo functionality inherent in the iPhone 6 camera.

The video was shot by Tristan Pope, a director and photographer, and he had this to say about the iPhone 6:

“When I hit record and she did her dance move, I remember thinking ‘Well, that was cool,’” Pope said. The two huddled over the phone to check out the results. Not only could they see a stunning move from prep to finish, they could discern where it needed to be improved upon and repositioned to ensure the next shot was perfect, both in terms of technical execution, and camera angles and lighting.

Sound off and let us know what you think of his short film. Thanks for the tip @DrumsOfGrohl!

There's one thing being able to dance like that and make it look flawless, but I find it all the more impressive when it still looks amazing in slow-motion, where you can over analyze anything.

Hey I know this is not connected but I need help to start a new conversation. I just cannot find the button for that. Using an iPhone 5s and the tapatalk app

Hey I know this is not connected but I need help to start a new conversation. I just cannot find the button for that. Using an iPhone 5s and the tapatalk app
Go to the forum where you want to post, if necessary to a subforum.
image.jpg

When you can see the posts of the forum, you'll notice three dots next to the name of the forum, at the right. Tap them, and you'll get three options:
Subscribe, New Topic and Mark As Read.
image.jpg

Tap New Topic, enter a thread title and your post.

Hope that helps.

I've deleted your other post with the same question. Duplicate posts/threads are against our rules.

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. Will check if it works for me

It did posted quite a few. Thanks again. Feeling liberated

WOW.. Amazing video!! Talented dancers and talented video editors using the iPhone.