What's new

The iPhone 5S Outsells the iPhone 5C 3:1 in the UK

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone-5s-and-5c.png

We have an interesting new report suggesting that the iPhone 5S has actually outsold the iPhone 5C at a 3:1 ratio in the UK. Here's a quote with more of the details,

A report has surfaced in the UK looking at the sales of both versions of the iPhone and the iPhone 5S is significantly outselling the cheaper iPhone 5C. According to the numbers from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, the iPhone 5S is outselling the iPhone 5C by a margin of three to one.

The firm does say that the iPhone 5C appeals to a broader audience and has attracted new customers to try the brand for the first time. The numbers show that almost half of iPhone 5C buyers switched from competitors, particularly Samsung or LG. On the other hand, 80% of iPhone 5S buyers upgraded from a different version of the iPhone.

It's probably not surprising that this is the case. For the most part, folks who already owned an iPhone would probably opt for the higher-end iPhone 5S, whereas, the iPhone 5C is probably the perfect "gateway" iPhone for consumers getting their first smartphone.

Source: SlashGear

I think a lot of people already had the 5 and did not see the Upgrade as worth it, rightly so.. I bought both myself but rarely touch the C