What's new

the first Iphone

redbaron

Reaction score
I have an original Iphone of my daughter. I thought I might try useing it when I turn it on the screen shows Itunes and a usb cable is that normal.she has a 3 that she keeps for a spare when she travels out of the countrywhen it's turned on shows the time but says no service. My question is that how the orginal operates with no service. I can get a 3 for 49.00 so idon't want to spend money on the old Iphone.:phone:

redbaron said:
I have an original Iphone of my daughter. I thought I might try useing it when I turn it on the screen shows Itunes and a usb cable is that normal.she has a 3 that she keeps for a spare when she travels out of the countrywhen it's turned on shows the time but says no service. My question is that how the orginal operates with no service. I can get a 3 for 49.00 so idon't want to spend money on the old Iphone.:phone:

You're seeing the restore image. So that's normal just plug it into iTunes and it will restore the phone. I believe the phone will inform you that the phone needs to be activated so if you have a sim card just insert it. Well if you have AT&T you'll need to unlock the phone if you have tmo

what is tmo. is their recovery software to get files dosen't itunes format the hard drive when you do recovery.
thanks

redbaron said:
what is tmo. is their recovery software to get files dosen't itunes format the hard drive when you do recovery.
thanks

Tmo is short for tmobile. If you said you saw that restore image then your going to have to perform a restore, if your daughter has ever backed her phone up, you could restore the phone to it's previous state from that. If you want to use one of her phones for yourself, restore it to the factory settings and start fresh.

Last edited:
she wants to know if we can retrive the files and photos that are on the phone. I don't know if she ever backed it up.
thanks

redbaron said:
she wants to know if we can retrive the files and photos that are on the phone. I don't know if she ever backed it up.
thanks

If she never backed her phone up then no.