What's new

The First iPhone 4 Camper, Nerdiest of the Nerds

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
first-iphone4camper.jpeg

Were you wondering what the first iPhone 4 camper was thinking when he pitched a tent on a busy street corner by the Apple store nearly one week before the launch? Well, here's a message posted by the world's #1 Apple Fan Boy on Macrumors.

Some would say I am crazy, but I say I'm a very determined fan. In fact I just might be one the biggest Apple fans you will actually meet. I have been the first costumer for this store since 2008 when the iPhone 3G was released.

Normally I only camp out over night, but since I do not work due to the fact I am disabled with a seizure disorder and I am not in school at the point, I figure I just make it a fun experience and do it for a week.

Yes I did reserve a phone, but again, I'm doing it for a fun experience. I haven't had a trip or vacation in past 10 years so I figured I make it a full week camping trip.

My setup and location has everything I could need to live for a week, even in the Texas heat. Tent is packed with a sleeping gear, a chair, full ice chest of drinks and food, and the Apple staff have been very nice to me treating me like a king. LOL I also brought a extension power cord for phone charging and things that need power. There is even a portable toilet around the back of the store if needed.

That been said, I'm actually doing really well out here. If anyone gets a chance, come join the fun!

I wouldn't take it to that extreme, but I love launch days for all new technology gadgets as much as the next guy. Whether it was a new computer, motherboard, processor, video card, cell phone, console, tv, etc.. I'm There!! You can normally catch me up all night before any major release reading anything and everything that trickles out on the web! I definitly give the guy some major props for enduring the heat we're experiencing in Texas right now!

Are you sure that isn't you?

phil-in-dallas.jpg

Yeah I give him props too. This heat is ridiculous, I made the mistake of doing the lawn around 1 today.

lolol!! thats insane, i would wait long hours though, he will get to meet lots of people be on the news and i heard he reserved the phone and does not even need to be there