What's new

The Apple Watch Can Change The Color of Animated Emoji

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
Apple-Watch-640x265.jpg
Apple Watch spokesperson Christy Turlington recently wrote a blog post about her time with the Apple Watch on the company's website. While her experience with the device with obviously positive, Turlington's blog post did share something that was new to me.

The Apple Watch can apparently change the color of animated emoji using its Force Touch technology. Turlington writes about being on vacation and sending emoji to her family. "The faces are the best because they’re so expressive. If you press the screen, you can change the colour", wrote Turlington.

The supermodel also chimed in on how the sensors on the Apple Watch her helped her with fitness:
Honestly, I’m not that high tech, so I’m surprised how much I’ve come to rely on Apple Watch as a running partner. Being able to see my progress over time in the Activity app on my iPhone has really motivated me. And it’s so useful to have detailed stats, like my distance and pace for every run, all laid out in one place. By flashing its LED lights hundreds of times per second, Apple Watch can calculate the number of times your heart beats each minute during your workout. That measurement is your heart rate.”
The Apple Watch is going to be an interesting device to watch this year (no pun intended). At first I was hoping to get the stainless steel model, although after seeing the mark up from the Sport, I think I'll just go with that. The web seems to have mixed reviews about the Apple Watch as well. But it seems as its April 24 release date gets closer, the device is becoming more and more exciting.