What's new

thank god for cases!

Zentost

Reaction score
I've always cased my phones but never really thought it would help - ie: i just use a generic 20$ case on my iphone 5

well today I got out of my girlfriends hummer and I wasn't used to coming down from so high and I had the phone in hand, and I dropped it from up above!!

Time slowed down as i watched my beloved phone fall to the ground i was like noooooooo!!

BOOM...

I lowered my head in depression....and went to pick up what was left of my phone.

NOT A SCRATCH!! Had 2 dents on the side of the case, but the phone itself is completely pristine and functional - its a Apple Christmas Miracle!!!

I prefer not to use a case because of the added size and weight. But happy to hear yours came through for you.

Every time I buy anything Apple and the guy at the store asks if I'd like Apple Care +, I always respond,
"Yes please, I'm going to beat the hell out of this thing :)"

Did the iPhone dent, or the case?

Nvermind, just saw it was the case.

Thats one of the reasons why I use a bumper case on my iphone 5.

Simply for 'grip' as the phone is one slippery sucker.

If a manufacturer released something that added grip to the sides of the iphone 5, i'd use that.
Some kind of adhesive strips !

i was in the car and forgot my iPhone 5 was on my lap and when i got out of the Qashqai(they'r quite high up)it dropped onto the concrete of the car park,if i hadn't had a bumper on it my phone would certainly have been ruined as it landed on the corner,bumper was chipped,no way would i go without a case of some sort.