What's new

Textor and iCloud

Michael Graubart

Reaction score
I imagine many readers of this Forum have some experience of Textor.app, the very simple, excellent text editor for iOS. I have just installed it on my iPhone SE (iOS 11.4.1). I typed a small text and saved it to Files, and I can see it there whenever I open the Files app along with other documents of mine that are stored in my iCloud Drive. But if I go to my Mac desktop computer, I cannot find this newly-created text either in my iCloud Drive or in iCloud.com. I should be grateful for an explanation.

Maybe phone has not done a backup since you made the file. It will show up on phone but until phone is plugged into power, is locked, and connected to WiFi, it won’t be visible on iCloud on another iPad or Mac until after it has backed up data to iCloud. I believe that is how it works. Don’t flame me if it isn’t LOL. It’s a bit early for me. Still in the first sips of coffee this morning.

Thanks, 933. I'm on coffee, too, but after-lunch coffee. Something to do with longitude, I believe. Your explanation sounds plausible, but in fact I didn't plug my phone in to power between looking for that document in iCloud Drive and its turning up. Never mind; it's turned up, so I know things are working.

Glad you got it sorted. Good day!