What's new

Text delivery reports

rooneyc

Reaction score
Hi I have an iPhone 4 and my network is 3. I cannot locate how to set up delivery reports for sent texts. Can anyone help please?

Hi I have an iPhone 4 and my network is 3. I cannot locate how to set up delivery reports for sent texts. Can anyone help please?
i have exactly the same as you,it doesn't look like we can get them on iPhone,i asked on the forum a while ago,its really annoying as now you never know if texts are delivered,a friend recently got upset with me as she hadn't got my texts and of course i didn't know.

You can't get them on stock iPhone you can however see if a message has been delivered but this only works with messages sent via iMessage

Can't comment on jailbroken devices though as I haven't looked into it tbh but I'm sure one of the fellow posters will provide you with the answer you was after :) if this is the case.

There's a couple of options for you.

1st type in SMS delivery reports on the app search and chose which one best suits your needs. There is quite a few to chose from.

2nd if you type in *0# then a space then your message it will create a delivery report for your text message. This code works with O2, Orange & Vodafone. Not sure about Three. You could give it a try. There is a charge by your network carrier of 1p per report for this service.

I think your best plan would be one of the apps. Although your carrier could still charge you through this. So I'd research it first. If I was paying per report I'd rather ring them and ask did they get it. 😜

Good luck.

iHolophyte

Hi thanks very much for your suggestions I'll give them a try😊

Hi, tried the pre fixes and some others off the internet but failed. Seen an app on iTunes loaded it and then it said only for use O2 Virgin and Vodafone what a con! So beware as it announces " finally delivery exports for iPhone". The only way is to download an app from Cydia. Unless there's anyone out there who can tell me otherwise? Thanks again 😊

Hi, tried the pre fixes and some others off the internet but failed. Seen an app on iTunes loaded it and then it said only for use O2 Virgin and Vodafone what a con! So beware as it announces " finally delivery exports for iPhone". The only way is to download an app from Cydia. Unless there's anyone out there who can tell me otherwise? Thanks again 😊

Sorry to hear the apps don't have three included. Why don't you ring three and ask for the code? If orange O2 and Vodafone can all use a code then surely three can!

I'm not JB so I can't help you on the cydia side.

iHolophyte

Thanks for the advice. I called 3 and they are working on this currently. Couldn't give any timescale but expected to be soon. Thanks again

Thanks for the advice. I called 3 and they are working on this currently. Couldn't give any timescale but expected to be soon. Thanks again

Brilliant. Well when you get the code pass it on to all three users in here 😉 also ask if they will charge like the other carriers.

iHolophyte

Brilliant. Well when you get the code pass it on to all three users in here  also ask if they will charge like the other carriers.

iHolophyte
i would be interested,i know that when i had my android phone 3 had started charging 1p for delivery messages.

Spoke to 3 myself this morning as text delivery was a function I have always used & for free. According to them there is no code I can use as they don't support this feature, though they did suggest an app but as only 1 I can find that would work requires phone to be jail-broken they said they could be of no further help unless I change from iPhone to Nokia... And they weren't aware of any details of this being offered for iPhone in the future. Not likely ti change phone as just purchased phone on 2yr contract!! Looks like its down to Apple to provide the option in there next iOS update??!! However if they do 3 will still charge 1p per delivery message!! Wish this was advertised because it would have been enough to make me choose another provider....

Spoke to 3 myself this morning as text delivery was a function I have always used & for free. According to them there is no code I can use as they don't support this feature, though they did suggest an app but as only 1 I can find that would work requires phone to be jail-broken they said they could be of no further help unless I change from iPhone to Nokia... And they weren't aware of any details of this being offered for iPhone in the future. Not likely ti change phone as just purchased phone on 2yr contract!! Looks like its down to Apple to provide the option in there next iOS update??!! However if they do 3 will still charge 1p per delivery message!! Wish this was advertised because it would have been enough to make me choose another provider....
yes another provider is worth thinking about if you're not tied in,a thought for the future if you are.

You'll actually find if you research it that nearly all UK providers will charge for delivery reports these days. 1p per report over a month if you use 500 texts =£5.00 like I said with the amount of free minutes you get now, it's easier to text, then ring and say, "Did you get that text?" lol. I for one have never used nor never will use delivery reports. They completely take away anyone's need to communicate, like texting is becoming!

iHolophyte