What's new

Text Alert problem

squish

Reaction score
MODS if this is in the worng spot please move it.

OK now to my issue. I bought my 5S last weekend and it needed the iOS update right out of the box no biggie. I had to wait a couple of days to get home to get it on my WiFi since it didn't want to do it OTA. Pre-update everything worked just peachy keen, but now after the update my text notifications (sound) don't work. The vibrate function still works though. I've done a soft reset twice and that seems to temporarily solve the issue. It seems to reappear after setting the phone to silent though.

Have you tried a hard reset? hold down your on/off and home button together until the apple appears.

One thing to remind you of, don't forget that with your new 5s you have 90 days of complimentary phone support with Apple, take advantage of this while you have it.

Have you tried a hard reset? hold down your on/off and home button together until the apple appears.

Yep, that's exactly what I did. I thought that was the "soft reset".

One thing to remind you of, don't forget that with your new 5s you have 90 days of complimentary phone support with Apple, take advantage of this while you have it.

Oh really.....can you enlighten me a little please.

Yep, that's exactly what I did. I thought that was the "soft reset".

Oh really.....can you enlighten me a little please.
Its just as i said, your new phone comes with free phone support, any problems you have, anything at all just ring Apple (here in the UK the call is free, not sure about elsewhere) They will help with any problem you have, Apple support is second to none, just have your Serial number handy as they will ask for that, you can find it in Settings-General-About.