What's new

Tethering from Jailbreak iPhone 4s to iPad 2: Possible

fskywalker

Reaction score
Can a jailbreak Iphone 4s (legacy unlimited data plan) be used to tether data to an iPad 2 through bluetooth, Wifi, etc? I have the iTether software and have not been able to make it work. The iPad 2 (3G) is also jailbreak (both units are running 5.0.1) and also have the iTether, but have not been able to do it either way. I read here iTether would work in an iPhone 4, but wonder is can't be done in the new 4s.

Thanks

I have MyWi and PDANet and just double checked today. Both of them are tethering to my iPad 1st Gen with no problems at all. I just use AdHoc mode on the tethering structure.

AdHoc mode? In my iPhone if I go to the personal hot spot setup it saids I have to call AT&T to enable it, is the AdHoc access through that option? I don't have a tethering plan with them, it is not available with the unlimited plan and I am not willing to give it up to get that option through them.

Thanks,

Ahhh, you're with AT&T. That might be a problem. I'm with Verizon. I had heard more issues with AT&T. Need to see if we can get someone from that side of the fence to check in.

Hi, I tried yesterday Mywi (before commiting $20 for it) and it did worked. However I recently read that application is detectable by AT&T and I could get e-mails from them saying I'm using tethering without authorization. Is there a way around this like blocking IP access? Any other un-detectable applications which do tethering? I will not likely stream a lot of data on a daily basis, but ocasionally on weekends since my 2 kids have wifi Ipads 2 and wanted to give them ocasional internet access, like for example in the vehicle, out of the home, etc.

Also, how can I erase a Cydia download application? I tried to erase iTether but it won't go away just like the regular Apple approved applications.

Thanks

Last edited:
How much is the tethering plan from AT&T??
I too would like to tether in my van for the kids to watch movies in the iPad or whatever ....
I'm not even jail broken lol soooo id have to pay OR jail break iPhone 4 (not 4s) but thinking of grabbing the 4s in black before the 16th of feb)
30 days has not past since I bought iPhone 4 black for my daughter and mine is white. Irreverent loL maybe I'm trying to decide if it's worth it:)
Anyways iPhone 4 is jail breakable to use tether plan under radar??

I think a reset and erase will put your iPhone back to factory settings :)
It's 20$ ok got it lol