What's new

Tethered Jailbreak

kejdikola0

Reaction score
Si I have an iphone on fw 4.3.5 . I bought gevey to unlock it but since gevey needs a mod called furiousmod to work without that 112 thing means that I should install this by jailbreaking.. so far the only jailbreak for 4.3.5 is tethered . Now I wanna now if I can install furiousmod on a tethered jailbreak and it will remain there even if I dont have a pc close. So is this possible ? Please I just want gevey to work without 112 thats all.

Why are you on 4.3.5? Why not check to see if you have 5.0.1 SHSH blobs? Just open Cydia and look at the top of the home page beside "SHSH:" If 5.0.1 is there then you can upgrade to 5.0.1 with a custom iPSW and have an untethered jailbreak.

If you do not have 5.0.1 SHSH, then you should still update to 5.1 with a custom iPSW and you will be able to reboot your phone away from your computer.It would be a semi-tethered jailbreak.

Why are you on 4.3.5? Why not check to see if you have 5.0.1 SHSH blobs? Just open Cydia and look at the top of the home page beside "SHSH:" If 5.0.1 is there then you can upgrade to 5.0.1 with a custom iPSW and have an untethered jailbreak.

If you do not have 5.0.1 SHSH, then you should still update to 5.1 with a custom iPSW and you will be able to reboot your phone away from your computer.It would be a semi-tethered jailbreak.
Yes but the problem is I wanna use gevey and I think gevey doesnt work on that firmware.
So about my first question is it possible ?

kejdikola0 said:
Oh SWEET .. Thank you man .. Now all I want is a guide how to update to 5.0.1 with preserved baseband and jailbreak.

You have to make a custom iPSW with your SHSH blobs stitched into it.

Download Tiny Umbrella, plug in phone, open TU and click the Save SHSH button. Now your SHSH are saved to your computer. The location of them is in the "Advanced" tab in TU.

Now you have to download the 5.0.1 iPSW for your device model. Save it to your desktop.

Now you can build a custom iPSW with either redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, or iFaith.

I recommend Sn0wbreeze for your particular situation. It has an "Activate (Hactivate)" option. (regardless of which way you choose,..I recommend you stay away from redsn0w for custom iPSWs. They just don't work quite rite.)

Just be sure to use "iFaith Mode" within Sn0wbreeze so you can select your 5.0.1 SHSH blobs. The iPSW save to your desktop when done being built.

Now all you have to do enter PWNED DFU mode with iREB and shift+restore the custom iPSW and iTunes will have it restores in 5 minutes.

iREB is located with Sn0wbreeze and iFaith.

You have to make a custom iPSW with your SHSH blobs stitched into it.

Download Tiny Umbrella, plug in phone, open TU and click the Save SHSH button. Now your SHSH are saved to your computer. The location of them is in the "Advanced" tab in TU.

Now you have to download the 5.0.1 iPSW for your device model. Save it to your desktop.

Now you can build a custom iPSW with either redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, or iFaith.

I recommend Sn0wbreeze for your particular situation. It has an "Activate (Hactivate)" option. (regardless of which way you choose,..I recommend you stay away from redsn0w for custom iPSWs. They just don't work quite rite.)

Just be sure to use "iFaith Mode" within Sn0wbreeze so you can select your 5.0.1 SHSH blobs. The iPSW save to your desktop when done being built.

Now all you have to do enter PWNED DFU mode with iREB and shift+restore the custom iPSW and iTunes will have it restores in 5 minutes.

iREB is located with Sn0wbreeze and iFaith.
hey please help when i try to save SHSH it saves 5.1 shsh which says in the log ... and it also says in the log that apple is not signin any more 5.0 shsh
help what do I do ?
what if I choose only preserve baseband on snowbreeze and jailbreak later ?

You do not want 5.0 SHSH anyway. That iOS only has a tethered jailbreak.

If you only iOS 5.1 SHSH then there is nothing you can do to get them. Unless you are currently on 5.0.1

If you chose baseband Preservation Mode and jailbroke later..............Then...................You woul be jailbroken after the jailbreak i guess.

You do not want 5.0 SHSH anyway. That iOS only has a tethered jailbreak.

If you only iOS 5.1 SHSH then there is nothing you can do to get them. Unless you are currently on 5.0.1

If you chose baseband Preservation Mode and jailbroke later..............Then...................You woul be jailbroken after the jailbreak i guess.
please help.. when i try to restore frist I got the 3194 error on itunes... used tiny umbrella to fix this but now i get 2005 error on itunes... Please help me how to solve this

kejdikola0 said:
please help.. when i try to restore frist I got the 3194 error on itunes... used tiny umbrella to fix this but now i get 2005 error on itunes... Please help me how to solve this

What iOS are you trying to restore to exactly?

What have you done so far?

Do not ever modify your host file...you will "never" be able to restore with a modified host file. That is an outdated method,...thought id tell ya that just in case.