What's new

Temporary iPhone 5 cases and screen protectors (Under $30)

wootpoggy

Reaction score
Wanted to create a list of affordable cases ($30 and under) and screen protectors for the iPhone 5 that will be available at the time of released.

Here are some I found:

Wanted to start a thread on iPhone 5 cases and screen protectors,

Here are a couple that of good ones so far:

Splash Medley $29.95
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095ZAWBS/

Clipster iPhone 5 Hoslter case with belt clip $9.95
Amazon.com: MiniSuit Clipster Combo Case with Kick Stand + Holster Belt Clip for Apple iPhone 5 (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and Unlocked Models)- Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Acase Superleggera $19.95
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0098RMB5S/

MiniGuard Screen Protector $3.95
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0099USPPE/

There is also a pretty good iphone 5 case guide that i found here:
http://www.pctabletcases.com/iphone-...ssories-guide/

Feel free to add to this thread

hmmm I guess what I meant was cases that will be in stock soon as oppose to waiting for the big guys (otterbox, casemate, etc...). The cases are bad or anything but a 1st option to get your iPhone 5 protected quickly instead of waiting for "name brand" cases. hope that helps :]

hmmm I guess what I meant was cases that will be in stock soon as oppose to waiting for the big guys (otterbox, casemate, etc...). The cases are bad or anything but a 1st option to get your iPhone 5 protected quickly instead of waiting for "name brand" cases. hope that helps :]

That makes sense to me! Like many, I think I will probably have a few cases or so to change out for my phone when I get it. I get tired of the same case so I like to get others to dress it up a little. Will have to check out some of your recommendations.

Thank you! :)

Otter box has cases up on website already for iPhone 5. I was looking just yesterday for future purchase.

Woot - thanks for posting this...I spent over $100 on different cases for my 4 and never was really satisfied. No respect but those cases didn't jump out at me; any other recommendations? Or do I wait for a few months before manufacturers have time to create better cases?

I think the best way to go is naked or nearly naked for the iPhone. My philosophy is that the iPhone is a remarkable achievement in design and engineering...so why cover it up with a cheap case? The main reason for covering it up is to protect it which is completely understandable.

I've spent many hundreds of dollars on cases for the 3GS, 4, and now the 4S. A couple of months ago, I got sick of cases but I did want some sort of protection, so what's a geek to do? I decided to go nearly naked so I could have at least some protection but also let the design show through. So I went to one of those Ghost Armor kiosks at the mall. They professionally apply a very thin layer of protection that looks very tasteful and if it ever comes off they'll replace it for a small install fee ($10 to $15 typically) but no charge for the replacement product itself for life. Ghost Armor also says that they are the only iDevice protection company that Apple recommends to protect their devices...don't know how true this is though but if true, then that's saying something.

p.s. I don't work for Ghost Armor, I am just sold on their products...lol.

Last edited:
I love the idea of Ghost Armor but being that I am in the UK, it might be more difficult to get it professionally fitted, which by the sounds of your post is the preferred option. It looks like they are made by Zagg and I had one of their Invisishield screen protectors on my S3 but it was horrible and 'rubbery' feeling meaning it was more difficult to swipe my finger down the screen without juddering.

I used to have a Gear 4 Icebox Pro case on my iPhone 4 and it was fab. I had it on for about eighteen months without any issues. It was made of hard plastic, quite thin and had a built in screen protector which I absolutely loved. It meant there was no lip on the screen edges where a 'back and side only' case had to grip in order to stay on. This meant it didn't get in the way should I want to swipe from the screen edge.

I've just checked their website and it doesn't appear that they are doing one for the iPhone 5 (yet, at least).

The only other cases I know that have a built in screen protector are the Otterbox Defender and Ballistic Hard Core but those are enormous and will add a huge amount of bulk to the phone.

Any other ideas on cases with built in screen protectors that add minimal bulk would be very appreciated please.