What's new

Telephone Function Stopped working

Dannawally

Reaction score
My new iPhone5's telephone function suddenly stopped this afternoon. I can neither dial out nor receive messages, voice or text. I reset the phone, but that didn't help. Any suggestions?:phone:

Dannawally said:
My new iPhone5's telephone function suddenly stopped this afternoon. I can neither dial out nor receive messages, voice or text. I reset the phone, but that didn't help. Any suggestions?:phone:

Has your phone been damaged in any way? Have you considered letting the Genius Bar at an apple store look at it? Here's a thought. Maybe your SIM card has become unseated. Try opening the SIM card slot, making sure the card is seated properly, close it up and see if it now works.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

Thanks for the suggestions, scifan. No damage, and I reset the phone & the sim card several times w/o any change. I took it over to Verizon and they couldn't get it to work either.:p They're sending me a new one since it was still under warrantee. BTW, they said I wasn't the first to have this problem.

Dannawally said:
Thanks for the suggestions, scifan. No damage, and I reset the phone & the sim card several times w/o any change. I took it over to Verizon and they couldn't get it to work either.:p They're sending me a new one since it was still under warrantee. BTW, they said I wasn't the first to have this problem.

I'm glad you're getting the new phone, I hope it works properly. BTW, did Verizon test your phone with another SIM card, to check if it was the SIM card that was the problem?

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator