What's new

Teatherme definitely not detectable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnage334

Reaction score
iPhone 4s on ATT. I want to only teather when in a pinch and really need it. I was grandfathered into unlimited data which I really dont want to lose. I have been reading mixed reviews on if your provider can detect this. Anyone really know?

I think if you use it in a pinch and not go way over the data w streaming you should be fine:)

Why is discussion of piracy not allowed, but theft of services is fine?

Sweet! Good Answers to hear.

Thewitt, I feel very strongly on this issue so im going to reframe from thowing out several unpleasent words.... ATT and Version are a bunch of smucks! They are the scum of the earth and make Billions X Billions. All users ask for is unlimited data at a fair price. Their responce "screw them, lets up the price and take away unlimited data and theres nothing they can do about it because we are the only half decent carriers!". I dont even want to get started hahah

Why is discussion of piracy not allowed, but theft of services is fine?

How is it theft of service? We are already paying for a data plan(the same data plan that tethering uses). The only theft is the fact that US carriers charge consumers an additional fee to tether in the first place.

Sweet! Good Answers to hear.

Thewitt, I feel very strongly on this issue so im going to reframe from thowing out several unpleasent words.... ATT and Version are a bunch of smucks! They are the scum of the earth and make Billions X Billions. All users ask for is unlimited data at a fair price. Their responce "screw them, lets up the price and take away unlimited data and theres nothing they can do about it because we are the only half decent carriers!". I dont even want to get started hahah

If you don't like the service plan offered by your carrier, switch carriers. Don't steal.

How is it theft of service? We are already paying for a data plan(the same data plan that tethering uses). The only theft is the fact that US carriers charge consumers an additional fee to tether in the first place.

Rationalization of theft doesn't change the reality. You are not paying for a tethering plan. Don't like the plans they offer? Change carriers. Don't steal.

Really. This double standard on the forum is terrible.

Because you don't like that AT&T charges for tethering, it's ok to steal the service and discuss it, but piracy is against the rules.

Completely hypocritical.

thewitt, like I have said before, there is no double-standard. Tethering without a tethering plan is not "theft of service" as you would like to call it. We have the option of paying our carrier $30/month to tether, or to pay $4.99 one-time fee for TetherMe to tether. Nothing is being stolen, and what we're doing is in no way illegal. I pay for an UNLIMITED data plan and I will use that data in whatever fashion I wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.