What's new

Talking to Three

savag

Reaction score
I have a query concerning my New PAYG account with Three, which was suddenly charged £7-odd for 153 MB of data and I would like to know what it was for, ie what I got for it.

I tried a chat-line conversation but my question was not fully understood and, being old, and new to iphones, I didn't understand his answers. It is a simple question, I think.

Is there any way of actually speaking to someone at Three in the UK?

All roads seem to lead back to 'chats'.

Thanks,
Ted

I have a query concerning my New PAYG account with Three, which was suddenly charged £7-odd for 153 MB of data and I would like to know what it was for, ie what I got for it.

I tried a chat-line conversation but my question was not fully understood and, being old, and new to iphones, I didn't understand his answers. It is a simple question, I think.

Is there any way of actually speaking to someone at Three in the UK?

All roads seem to lead back to 'chats'.

Thanks,
Ted
Three charge 5p per MB of data. That's where your £7.65 charge comes from.

Thanks. Yes, I realise that and I think it likely that the bill is correct.
I am careful to look out for app charges and sizes which would eat into my 64GB but I have no recollection of downloading anything near that size. I just want to know what it was that caused the sudden expense. It might well be my fault.
I am not concerned about the cost, I just want to know what I did that caused the expenditure of 153 MB.
So, how do I talk, literally, to Three?
Thanks.

Thanks. Yes, I realise that and I think it likely that the bill is correct.
I am careful to look out for app charges and sizes which would eat into my 64GB but I have no recollection of downloading anything near that size. I just want to know what it was that caused the sudden expense. It might well be my fault.
I am not concerned about the cost, I just want to know what I did that caused the expenditure of 153 MB.
So, how do I talk, literally, to Three?
Thanks.
Have you perhaps done a lot of browsing with Safari, watched videos maybe?

Three have stores up and down the country, where you could talk to someone.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions.

I haven't graduated to Safari yet and videos are watched on this 31" monitor.

Although I have been using, in a very amateurish way, a PC for ten years or more, I am completely new to iphone sophistications, complications, capabilities and to their vocabulary, most of which cannot be imagined.

I am long since retired and have no-one to ask embarrassingly basic questions. My grandchildren are way past me, up in the stratosphere, where someone else is concerned about bits and bytes and the bill.

I will put this mystery behind me and try not to think about companies that don't want to talk to their customers.

If I did get through to Three, I wonder whether they would be able to tell me how that 153 MB had been 'spent'.

Thanks again for the advice.

Ted

Thanks for the suggestions.

I haven't graduated to Safari yet and videos are watched on this 31" monitor.

Although I have been using, in a very amateurish way, a PC for ten years or more, I am completely new to iphone sophistications, complications, capabilities and to their vocabulary, most of which cannot be imagined.

I am long since retired and have no-one to ask embarrassingly basic questions. My grandchildren are way past me, up in the stratosphere, where someone else is concerned about bits and bytes and the bill.

I will put this mystery behind me and try not to think about companies that don't want to talk to their customers.

If I did get through to Three, I wonder whether they would be able to tell me how that 153 MB had been 'spent'.

Thanks again for the advice.

Ted
One thing you can do to save a repetition of this kind of charge is to go to Settings and under Mobile Data, select which Apps you do and do not want to use your mobile data.

if you have any other questions, do not hesitate to come back to us. We are always happy to help on this Forum.