What's new

t-mobile iphone 3gs upgraded to ios 5

gettodachoppa

Reaction score
i just helped my friend jailbreak/unlock a 3gs with new baseband, i think it was 4.3.4 or something, 5.12.07 baseband with MC____ model number so pretty sure it was the newer baseband. so i followed the sn0wbreeze tutorial, did everything, and when it restored, it went to "sim not valid" would i simply need an at&t simcard to get through the activation and then use ultrasn0w? also, i'm not even sure i didn't accidentally upgrade the baseband. please help thanks

Sorry to but in on the thread but I can't seem to get an answer looking elsewhere. I hav a AT&T 3gs with iOS 5.0.1 and I have the 6.15 Ipad baseband on it from redsnow. I am trying to unlock it, and ultrasnow goes through just fine but when I put my t-mobile card in it says "insert a valid sim". I looked for an option on snowbreeze for hacktivate but couldn't find it anywhere. I keep trying to follow the instructions but can't seem to get the unlock done. Jailbreak works fine and I can use cydia just fine as well. I guess I just can't get the unlock for the ipad baseband to work and read my sim. I see the tmobile and bars, but it says the sim is not valid for that phone. any help would be greatly appreciated.

sorry for the late reply.

"Jmills87
As far as I know, ultrasn0w is not compatible with 5.0.1"

thx I guess I will just keep an eye on ultrasnow until the update it.​