What's new

Sync Bluetooth?

IphoneMommy

Reaction score
I have a Ford Explorer. It has the "Sync" system. When I have my phone plugged in via USB and use Bluetooth to make phone calls everyone says I'm choppy and they can't hear me. When it is NOT plugged into USB and I use Bluetooth everyone says I sound fine.

Any input as to why this would be a problem? On my way home from work I like to charge it up but can never use the Bluetooth. It's illegal here to NOT use Bluetooth.

I feel like I'm at a loss.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Thank you!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

From what I've read, ford sync wasn't compatible with iOS 6. That's what a lot of folks on the ford sync boards are saying.
There might be a system update your not aware of? Try calling ford and see if your sync is due for a firmware upgrade.
Sounds like it's an issue in their end.
You can also try using a different cable. That may fix the issue.

Also, Ford sync troubleshooting recommends you try to remove the device from your sync system and re-add it.

I have done that and will call and see if there is an update. Thank you!

iPhoneMommy