What's new

SwipeBright

Jmills87

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite tweaks in a long time. App is $0.99 on Cydia, it allows you to control the brightness of your phone by swiping the status bar via Activator. Such a simple tweak, yet so useful. Check it out!

Yeah, this is a really useful tweak. I have finally disabled the Notification centre to accomadate it! I now have:

Pull down Status bar: SBSettings (returned to its rightful home)

Tap Status bar: LockInfo infoshade (more useful than notification centre anyway, speeddial icons etc. you CAN get these for notification centre but they make it laggy)

Double Tap Status bar: in app: toggle backgrounding; elsewhere brings up Contacts or Phone app.

Pull Down Left of Status bar: Multicleaner Quit all.

Pull Down Right of Status bar: Multicleaner Quit Current app.

Slide left/right on status bar: SwipeBright

TapHold Status bar: MultiFlow.

Slide in bottom right: Dock.

Slide in left side: simulate home button (as home button is wearing out somewhat)

Its working pretty nicely for me now. Not missed Notification centre at all. I never use it and it was hogging the status bar!

Now that's an active status bar lol. I'm going to have to steal some of those. I've been using sbs for brightness but swipe sounds easier and for 0.99 who cares lol.

Now that's an active status bar lol. I'm going to have to steal some of those. I've been using sbs for brightness but swipe sounds easier and for 0.99 who cares lol.

Ya, I used SBS for brightness adjustment before as well, this is much better :) Now I have swipe left and right controlling brightness and tapping the status bar opens SBS. I just love 3rd party tweaks!