What's new

Suspicious code or something in my iPhone passwords?

KjetilM

Reaction score
Hi

I tried to post this in the official Apple Communties forums, but the moderators deleted most of the information, so please dont do it here because I wonder if my phone is hacked or infected by a virus or something.

Suspicious code or something in my iPhone
 - Apple Community

In the «Passwords» secition in my iPhone I recently discovered the following:

Under hashtag (#) it says:
Username: ***
Password: ***

I have tried to delete it, but it keeps coming back. Does anyone know what this is?

I have googled it, but didnt find anything about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you :)

But this is NOT personal information. This is something that I never put there myself. How can it be personal information? It is not personal just because it says username and password.

I have deleted it several times, yet it suddenly appears again. Why would I use the word transfer as a part of a username and also as a password? And isnt it somehow a bit suspicious that the word transfer is used here? What if someone has hacked my iPhone and transfers information to their own phone or computer? The word transfer is a word that I never would have thougth of if I were to come up with a password or username.

And how can anyone help me with this if I am not supposed to show them what the problem is? The username and password is put under a hashtag, which i dont understand since all the other usernames is put in line with the first letter in the username. And this username and password is something that I dont understand why it is there in the first place, since it serves no purpose for myself, and didnt put it there.

If I cant show you the username and password, which I suspect is fake or doesnt belong there, I just dont know how to get rid of it, or if it might be there for some reason that is completely unharmful. But I suspect this might has something to do with unusual activity on my iPhone.

Many thanks for your link, I will go through it and follow the advice there :)

Passwords listed under the hashtag belong to a website which starts with a number. Usually, you see the website address at the top of the page and below the password:
3753A190-807F-48AB-AF87-EDA512A654B7.jpeg

(Screenshot from an iPad)
That’s unusual, in your case. It’s also weird that you were able to take a screenshot of the password. As you see in my screenshot, it has been removed completely. It’s the same on my iPhone. Apple removes passwords when you take screenshots on your device.

Ok, thank you. I find it unusual as well that this keeps coming back even if I delete it over and over again. And I have never used this information to access any websites. I was not aware that passwords would be removed when I took screenshots so that is also weird.

Is there a way to tell if my iPhone is jailbreaked? Or is there apps or programs that could be used to scan my phone to see if something is installed or hacked or something?

Which software (iOS) is installed on your iPhone? If it’s up to date (14.3), it can’t be jailbroken. There’s no jailbreak for iOS 14 yet, afaik.
If this is your iPhone: You have to jailbreak the device yourself, a jailbreak can’t be installed remotely.

There’s no app that can find out whether or not your iPhone is hacked.

Ok, thanks for your quick responses :)

I have a iPhone 6 with iOS 12.5, but I think its time to buy a newer iPhone so I can install iOS 14, just to be sure.

I found this site which claims to scan iPhones for spyware: EDITED

But I think 50 dollars is too much just to check my phone once, and I am not sure if it will work as promised either.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s not necessary. As I’ve stated before: Apple is quite good at protecting your privacy, unless you’re jailbroken.
Just take a look at your apps: Is there something you didn’t install on your device? Look for an app called “Cydia” or “SBSettings”. If you find these, you’re jailbroken.

Many of those sites promising to find spyware/malware, are simply scam. The site you posted doesn’t look trustworthy. It has mixed reviews. I’ve removed the link.

The easiest and most effective way to make your device secure again after a jailbreak would be to erase everything and set it up again (Settings - General - Reset - Erase alle Content and Settings). This will set it back to factory default, every information stored before will be gone.