What's new

Super-Trick of the Day for iOS: Quick Camera Access Without Unlocking Your Phone

iPhone News

Reaction score
Here’s another quick Super-Trick of the Day for iOS. This one might be obvious, but for the few folks out there who missed it, there is a tiny little camera icon on your home screen, even in locked mode. If you swipe upwards on that little camera icon, (which you can find in the bottom […]

Read more...

love this feature as well

side note, does anyone have the problem of not being able to unlock the phone without hitting the home button to get out of the camera?

example, swipe up and im on the camera, i drag down to notifications, and i click on an appointment. it briefly shows the unlock keypad and then disappears, bringing me back to the camera. from that point forward, i am no longer able to access notifications or the lock screen unless i hit the home button ( yea im trying to limit my home button usage lol ).

love this feature as well side note, does anyone have the problem of not being able to unlock the phone without hitting the home button to get out of the camera? example, swipe up and im on the camera, i drag down to notifications, and i click on an appointment. it briefly shows the unlock keypad and then disappears, bringing me back to the camera. from that point forward, i am no longer able to access notifications or the lock screen unless i hit the home button ( yea im trying to limit my home button usage lol ).

I have not experienced that issue. I did have the issue though of my phone shutting down after taking a picture through the lock screen mode.

Regarding the home button-since getting this phone over a year ago, I have used the virtual home button which I like.