What's new

Suggestions on how we can improve the site?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking for any ideas/suggestions on how we can improve this site. What feature or section do you wish we had here that we don't?

I would suggest we have a thread sticky or forum similar to the ipadforums site for absolute beginners. This should include using iTunes as I have found that is one of the most common questions asked. Many a time new "pc" users do not even realize that Apple provides built in help with applications like iTunes. Numblock created the one in iPad forum it would not take much to modify and I am sure he will approve and maybe even redo it for this forum.

The iPad - For Absolute Beginners - Apple iPad Forum

Last edited:
I would suggest we have a thread sticky or forum similar to the ipadforums site for absolute beginners. This should include using iTunes as I have found that is one of the most common questions asked. Many a time new "pc" users do not even realize that Apple provides built in help with applications like iTunes. Numblock created the one in iPad forum it would not take much to modify and I am sure he will approve and maybe even redo it for this forum.

That’s an excellent idea … as most of the question concern how to use iTunes

I think we need some admin guidance....we have way too many of the same threads...i cant keep up. Also, anybody reading this please check the first page of active topics before posting another thread. We all want to read EVERYBODYS posts on the subject. :ibooks:

Good point I will get Johnny apple to look at it. Keep it simple is the word

I have read somewhere Apple policy is : KSS , mean Keep Simple & Stupid …. when we see the result we can’t deny they are 100% right

some people understand that i did not want to say it in writing in case I get banned lol
Yes KSS. Is the way to go

some people understand that i did not want to say it in writing in case I get banned lol
Yes KSS. Is the way to go

how a SUPER MOD like you so famous can be banned … thats can be reason for massive strike :p

in fact it’s really a perfect rule for everybody, as i say look at Apple success with their Ipad, iPod, iPhone, or iMac

This is a great idea, we just need someone (or a team) to really help us write this up, as well as other FAQ's and HOWTO's...

Any volunteers?

I think we need some admin guidance....we have way too many of the same threads...i cant keep up. Also, anybody reading this please check the first page of active topics before posting another thread. We all want to read EVERYBODYS posts on the subject. :ibooks:

Another great idea... I think we need to add a bit to the admin/moderation team so we can keep up. I've been working hard trying to keep up with news and spammers on the site :(

I agree with Danny Boy. People start multiple threads on the same topic. Need to lock them or mrege them as it is annoying!

We will try guys!

Good point I will get Johnny apple to look at it. Keep it simple is the word

jumping back in the fray today.. sorry i missed the rush!

Guys!!!! WHATS THE DEAL!!! There are 6 "reception issue" threads. People are still discussing issues that have been solved in others.... how is this helping? I personally have posted and (johnnyapple) reposted a duplicate thread? If it needed rewriting thats ok but delete or lock the other!! Please.........

It may or may not have anything to do with the improvement of the site but my main concern for this forum is the longevity of the website given that it's mainly dedicated to the new iPhone 4. Cellphones come and go and the new generations of iPhone will come out before anyone knows it. What will be the fate of this forum then? This forum will hold no value when the next new iPhone comes out and I'd hate to see that happening. My suggestion would be to register another domain with a broader theme and forward the current domain to new one when we're still a relatively small community. Trying to do that later on when there are hundreds of thousands of members would only bring tremendous amount of work and hassle.

Guys!!!! WHATS THE DEAL!!! There are 6 "reception issue" threads. People are still discussing issues that have been solved in others.... how is this helping? I personally have posted and (johnnyapple) reposted a duplicate thread? If it needed rewriting thats ok but delete or lock the other!! Please.........

Dannyboy, sounds like you want to be a moderator :)

I can't keep up. So, if you are volunteering to help, I'm all ears. Send me a PM.

When the time comes, we'll be ready with iPhone5Forums :) There are so many iPhone sites that do cover everything, however some of those sites are so big the information gets buried.

It may or may not have anything to do with the improvement of the site but my main concern for this forum is the longevity of the website given that it's mainly dedicated to the new iPhone 4. Cellphones come and go and the new generations of iPhone will come out before anyone knows it. What will be the fate of this forum then? This forum will hold no value when the next new iPhone comes out and I'd hate to see that happening. My suggestion would be to register another domain with a broader theme and forward the current domain to new one when we're still a relatively small community. Trying to do that later on when there are hundreds of thousands of members would only bring tremendous amount of work and hassle.