What's new

submurged in water

Fully

Reaction score
My iPhone 6 was submerged in water. What can I do to revive it? Can Apple repair it? If so, what is the procedure?

Rice and pray [emoji22] if you have insurance you can fix it or call and try to get insurance but 30 days wait.
I am sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take out the SIM card, remove a case, if you used one of them, wipe off the iPhone. Shake it gently to remove further liquid.

Don't plug it in. If it was turned off, leave it that way. Don't turn it on. Let it dry for at least one complete day. Make sure it's in a dry place. Rice doesn't always help.

Agree with the above post, Try to leave it in rice for a few days though if you can.
Another remedy is put it in Silica Gel crystals.

Apple may or may not be able to repair your iPhone, it depends on how much damage the water caused.
Although water damage is not covered under the standard warranty, it is covered under AppleCare+ as an accidental damage claim.

AppleCare+ is peace of mind. It always seems to pay for itself.

I have assurance or whatever it's called... Covers water.
Next time I will get apple care + and not even worry about a waterproof case

I have assurance or whatever it's called... Covers water.
Next time I will get apple care + and not even worry about a waterproof case

A waterproof case is still a good idea if you're using your iPhone close to water on a regular basis.

AppleCare+.is available in the UK now, There is a £55 excess to pay though for each accident claim.

I only worry about waterproof cases in summer lol
Only for splashes and stuff I go to the ocean and have a pool[emoji175] I walk around and snap pics not being a wreck wondering if anyone will splash at it lol

first of all don't try to power the iphone on or connect it to a computer, leave it off power and take it to an expert

My Wife accidentlly put her 5s in the washing machine yesterday and washed it. I immediately removed the SimCard and put the iPhone in rice. Thank God for AppleCare+. I have a GeniusBar appointment on Friday 6/19 @3:40pm, but we're going to do a walk in today or tomorrow. I'm kinda hoping it can't be restored and they don't have any 5s's so she can get a iPhone 6 and switch with me. She likes the 5s better....SMILE

My Wife accidentlly put her 5s in the washing machine yesterday and washed it. I immediately removed the SimCard and put the iPhone in rice. Thank God for AppleCare+. I have a GeniusBar appointment on Friday 6/19 @3:40pm, but we're going to do a walk in today or tomorrow. I'm kinda hoping it can't be restored and they don't have any 5s's so she can get a iPhone 6 and switch with me. She likes the 5s better....SMILE
Let us know how it goes :)

Let us know how it goes :)
We decided to go early tomorrow morning, but I just spoke with a Apple rep and was advised that they have plenty of Gold 32 5s's in stock, so I will be patiently waiting on the 6s/6s Plus....Well not so sure about the "patiently waiting" part....LOL