What's new

Stuck with assisted touch

wt0605

Reaction score
I was trying the assisted touch function and turned on the two-finger gesture. Then I am unable to control my phone anymore. I cannot even unlock the screen. The unlock bar is still there but not responsive no matter how I slide the bar. The white circle is also there and also not responsive. What to do now???

I was trying the assisted touch function and turned on the two-finger gesture. Then I am unable to control my phone anymore. I cannot even unlock the screen. The unlock bar is still there but not responsive no matter how I slide the bar. The white circle is also there and also not responsive. What to do now???

Use two fingers to swipe it open then go back into settings and switch it off

iHolophyte

Use two fingers to swipe it open then go back into settings and switch it off

iHolophyte

It does not recognize any touch at all (one finger nor two fingers). I can't even turn off the phone. Pls HELP~~

Thank you, it worked! I will try to hard reset next time when the phone is malfunction before freaking out.

Thank you, it worked! I will try to hard reset next time when the phone is malfunction before freaking out.

I know what you mean when the phone misbehaves (we freak out!). A hard reset does wonders to solve many problems.

I know what you mean when the phone misbehaves (we freak out!). A hard reset does wonders to solve many problems.

I've never done a hard reset. Doing a hard reset does it take the phone back to its original condition? I mean do you lose everything on the phone. Photos, apps, music etc. or do you do a hard reset then back up from iTunes?

iHolophyte

I've never done a hard reset. Doing a hard reset does it take the phone back to its original condition? I mean do you lose everything on the phone. Photos, apps, music etc. or do you do a hard reset then back up from iTunes?
A "Hard Reset" consists of holding the Home & Lock buttons together for 10 seconds, then releasing both. The phone will reboot & 9/10 times will clear up whatever issue was taking place. All this w/ no loss of any data. :)

A "Hard Reset" consists of holding the Home & Lock buttons together for 10 seconds, then releasing both. The phone will reboot & 9/10 times will clear up whatever issue was taking place. All this w/ no loss of any data. :)

Never had the need for a hard reset yet. But I'll bare that in mind. Thanks.

iHolophyte

I mean do you lose everything on the phone. Photos, apps, music etc. or do you do a hard reset then back up from iTunes?

iHolophyte

Just to confirm, as thomas... wrote, a hard reset will not mess with any saved info. I actually did this myself a few times to clear up some minor glitches, and it worked wonders. Some have even suggested doing a hard reset monthly to simply keep iOS efficient.