What's new

Strange sound from my iPhone

Gozoman

Reaction score
My iPhone 6 has suddenly started making a weird sound like a motorbike revving when it's on standby in the car. It only happens in the car and it's driving me nuts! When I check it there is nothing there so it doesn't seem to be a notification of any kind. I recently had Mercedes Me installed on my phone and was wondering if it could be anything to do with that. Anyone else hearing this strange sound?

I have never heard of this before. I do not know what is Mercedes Me, but is it possible to uninstall it to see whether or not the problem persists? If it does persist, then you know it is not this Mercedes Me thing. If it stops, then you can be reasonably sure that was the problem.

I have never heard of this before. I do not know what is Mercedes Me, but is it possible to uninstall it to see whether or not the problem persists? If it does persist, then you know it is not this Mercedes Me thing. If it stops, then you can be reasonably sure that was the problem.

Well it was a pain in the butt for the technician to install and pair with the car so I'd rather not uninstall it.

Is it trying to link to your car’s control system? Trying disabling bluetooth and see if it stops.

Yeah I could try that but the phone has always paired up with the command system no problem and still does.

You could also try, instead, to turn off vibration. (Settings/ Sounds and Haptics) and see what happens. Once you find a way to stop it, then you may be able to locate the cause.

You could also try, instead, to turn off vibration. (Settings/ Sounds and Haptics) and see what happens. Once you find a way to stop it, then you may be able to locate the cause.

Yep, lots of things I could try but I'd be at it for ages, that's why I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem. It is actually the sound of a motorbike revving. First time I heard it I thought it was a noise from the car!

Check your settings for text messages or some other form of message. If you go to your settings app and under sounds and haptics, then look under “text tones”, scroll to where you see the classic tones, you’ll see there is a motorcycle tone. This is most kiley set for one of your notifications, like text tone, email, and so on. Just change whichever one is causing the tone. Here is a screenshot of the actual sound under my settings.
IMG_0253.png
IMG_0254.png
IMG_0255.png

Check your settings for text messages or some other form of message. If you go to your settings app and under sounds and haptics, then look under “text tones”, scroll to where you see the classic tones, you’ll see there is a motorcycle tone. This is most kiley set for one of your notifications, like text tone, email, and so on. Just change whichever one is causing the tone. Here is a screenshot of the actual sound under my settings.View attachment 48159View attachment 48158View attachment 48157

Well you have certainly solved one problem as that is the exact sound I'm hearing! However I can't find anything that is using that as a sound! Strange.

Reactions: 933
Also check under your “Notifications” for anything that may be on abs possibly using the sound as well. Hopefully it will turn up somewhere.

Also check under your “Notifications” for anything that may be on abs possibly using the sound as well. Hopefully it will turn up somewhere.

I'm thinking it's something to do with this Mercedes Me app, and I can't see the point in the app anyway so I've disabled it completely to see if that stops it.

Reactions: 933
Go into settings, scroll down to the area that has apps. Click on the Mercedes app and see what sounds you have allowed it to make. Change the settings to not let it make the sound and that should solve your problem. Getting the sound back is just doing this in reverse. You shouldn’t have to uninstall or unpair.

Go into settings, scroll down to the area that has apps. Click on the Mercedes app and see what sounds you have allowed it to make. Change the settings to not let it make the sound and that should solve your problem. Getting the sound back is just doing this in reverse. You shouldn’t have to uninstall or unpair.

Yeah thanks for that. I finally managed to find it but it wasn't in settings it was in the actual app itself. I switch off sound and it had sorted it out whilst the app is still working. Strill struggling to see what use it is to be honest so I'll probably remove it at some point.