What's new

Strange Sound even though sound switch is off

light3944

Reaction score
I have a strange sound that happens at different time and with no explination. It is like a deep Forrest Sound with kids laughing and lasts 15 seconds. I was able to catch it and if this works you can hear it here. I am on a 4S and operating iOS 5.1.1 (9B206). I did jailbreak the phone and I suspected because it went around the sound/no sound hardware switch on the side of the iPhone that the sound was because on the jailbreak. I have removed Cydia and it still happens. I have noticed that a couple of times it would happen when I would reboot about 2 1/2 minutes after I restarted. It does seem to happen more frequently then it used to and there is no way to know when it will happen because it happen any time during the day. It used to happen once or twice a week and now it has happened as much as 3 times in one day. It happen one time while I was in a seminar which was very awkward.

I have turned off all the notifications in the Settings App and there is never a popup the screen is always black unless I am doing something on the phone, though usually it happens when the phone is in my pocket.

In case that link did not work here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhf1l9kwh56njpj/Strange Phone Sound.wav

I tried to upload the file here as a WAVE and MP3 but kept getting errors.

I hope someone can help me with this,

jOHN

Is it jailbroken?

Punkdixie

Yes but I deleted Cydia and all the apps that were under "Manage" so there is no Cydia but when I try to Jailbreak it says already Jailbroken. I just can not install anything any longer since Cydia is not there. and after i did that it still makes that sound.I also tried to backup to a previouse date and that did not seem to do anything.