What's new

Strange Problem

jschlis

Reaction score
Have an ipad 3, jb'ed. Have had no problems since I jb. Tonight it froze. Did a hard reset and now the following has happened. I have lost the dock, which include my mail, cydia, settings and springtomize. Machine is stuck in portrait mode and the spacing of the icons is four across and three down. Tried hard reset a total of three times. Dont want to start restoring with itunes. Any one else encounter something like this?

Do you have SBSettings or anything similar installed? If so, you should reboot into safemode and reinstall any applications that might interfere with the dock.

You can simply reset and hold down the VOLUME UP key as the iPad (or iPhone) reboots to enter safe mode automatically. No need for SBSettings or any other tweak to be installed to enable access to safe mode any more. Once the device reboots, remove your most recent tweaks. You likely installed something which is for the iPhone only, or not for IOS 5.1.1. Head on over to our sister forum at ipadforums.net if you want any specific help with your iPad3.