What's new

Storgage problem

firemantom26

Reaction score
My DD has a iPhone 5 16 gig that has reached it's storage capacity. She has deleted songs, pictures , and apps but it still remains full. I hoping someone has an idea how to fix this because nothing can be added to this phone at this time.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iPF.net

I just got an alert that my storage was full. I just did the same thing and my only issue is "other". If I could clear that I'd be ok. Hope someone helps us!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Jailbroken items tend to go to "other". You could try to remove unused Cydia apps, or themes, to see if it'll help.
Other can also be a variety of different things as well. Such as app data.

The phone is not jail broken. I don't understand why if you remove items why the storage capacity doesn't increase. :(

Others contains broken sync seasions , resync the phone !

Sent from my iPhone(6.1.3) not jailbroken using Tapatalk 2!

Your SMS and app cached data takes up Others.

Others contains broken sync seasions , resync the phone !

I will try that and see if it works.

Dont forget to restart it after the sync!

Dont forget to restart it after the sync!

This did not help me at all :(

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

This did not help me at all :(

iPhoneMommy

How many tweaks/themes do you currently have installed?
Not only that, but which app is currently using the most of your storage?

How many tweaks/themes do you currently have installed?
Not only that, but which app is currently using the most of your storage?

I am actually back to stock. So no tweaks.

Music is the highest at 1.7gb and Minnie's bow maker at 800 some MB

iPhoneMommy

have you installed any games? or apps? most of the space is captured by big graphical games and apps.

I went through iTunes and got rid of some big data apps. Helped a little. What did it was not syncing my FB contacts. After that I have 3.38 GB free.

iPhoneMommy

I'd give iCleaner a go since you're jailbroken. It cleans up a LOT of junk. Then roam around Cydia for a bit, install a tweak or two and all the junk comes back in >.> It's the circle of life