What's new

Storage

ftrammell

Reaction score
When I bought my iphone i purchased the 16G phone and my phone is already requiring more storage. Do I buy the extra storage or buy a new sim card? When I go into the manage storage on my phones settings it says that I have 4GB and 5GB free were given. Below there is upgrades. Do I buy the upgrades?

ftrammell said:
When I bought my iphone i purchased the 16G phone and my phone is already requiring more storage. Do I buy the extra storage or buy a new sim card? When I go into the manage storage on my phones settings it says that I have 4GB and 5GB free were given. Below there is upgrades. Do I buy the upgrades?

I am sorry I have no idea what exactly you are talking about BUT let me try to figure it out:

1) your 16 GB phone, the storage is fixed. You cant buy more storage.

2) i am guessing what you are referring to is ICLOUD which is Apple's cloud backup service which gives you 5Gb free to backup your idevice, and yes, if the room is not enough for you, there are options to purchase more storage.

Just explaining that this storage is NOT on your phone, it is on the INTERNET.

She is referring to the free cloud storage that is included with any iDevice.

I don't currently have an iPhone but I would assume that there is some way that you can sign in to itunes via a pc and manually remove some of the files you synced to the Cloud storage. Your internal storage is listed under settings.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Can iCloud serve as additional storage beyond what I have capacity for on my iPhone? I think you just implied that it can, but I want to be sure. I'm traveling and I want a place to store photos in "the cloud" so that I can delete them on my phone to make room for more photoshoots. I know I could buy Dropbox for that, but does iCloud work the same way? If so, I'm hoping it is more automatic than Dropbox would be. Thanks in advance. :)

Can iCloud serve as additional storage beyond what I have capacity for on my iPhone? I think you just implied that it can, but I want to be sure. I'm traveling and I want a place to store photos in "the cloud" so that I can delete them on my phone to make room for more photoshoots. I know I could buy Dropbox for that, but does iCloud work the same way? If so, I'm hoping it is more automatic than Dropbox would be. Thanks in advance. :)

Apple will be more then happy to sell you additional cloud space. Just go to iTunes and head to the Store.

Just an FYI; I use Amazon Cloud. You may want to look at that, they may give you more free space then iTunes. Another thing is that if you purchase mp3's from Amazon that does not count as space being used in your cloud. For me I pay $25.00 a year for I think 50 GB. I'm kind of guessing on that, I know I have an enormous amount of music, something in the area of 10 days worth so I needed to purchase some extra space. I think that's strictly for music.