What's new

Storage Space Being Taken Up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patfast

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
First off, I am new here, so if I've put this thread in the wrong place, I apologize. Now, onto my problem:
I tried taking a picture of myself yesterday, it said that there wasn't enough storage space left. So, I went to the Cydia Store and it says I've only got 263 MB left.
So, I deleted a crapton of photos. Only 550 MB left.
Deleted almost all of my AppStore apps. Only 1.1 GB left.
Deleted a ton of texts. Only 2 GB left.
I've done just about everything I can think of, but I've only got 2.3 GB of storage left! Does anyone know what's causing my problem? Help would be appreciated!

Fragmented downloads, cache, jailbroken tweaks and apps, etc. try using iCleaner and see if clearing up the cache works.
Dood, holy! iCleaner freed up nearly 9GB of space!! Thanks a ton bro! :D

No prob. Doing it periodically definitely helps you maintain your storage. And try to keep the forum as G/PG as possible. We're a family forum so we try to keep it clean ;)

No prob. Doing it periodically definitely helps you maintain your storage. And try to keep the forum as G/PG as possible. We're a family forum so we try to keep it clean ;)
ah, sorry about that, I'll keep that in mind :)

No biggy, we've all been there before. And also, aside from iCleaners, sometimes a bit of spring cleaning goes a long way for tweaks that've outdated and no longer used and such as well as themes. They might not seem like much, but a few megs here and there and you've got a lot of extra space

No biggy, we've all been there before. And also, aside from iCleaners, sometimes a bit of spring cleaning goes a long way for tweaks that've outdated and no longer used and such as well as themes. They might not seem like much, but a few megs here and there and you've got a lot of extra space
alright, thanks for the tip. Oh, and one more thingy, could you help with a different problem? Whenever I (re)boot, my screen goes black and all I can see is the status bar. I can easily fix it by holding down the lock button and going into the shutdown screen, then the springboard appears. It's not anything huge, but I'm worried it might lead to my phone getting bricked. Would you happen to have any advice?

It might be an incompatible tweak causing this. Did this happen suddenly or after something was installed

It might be an incompatible tweak causing this. Did this happen suddenly or after something was installed
I don't recall it happening at a certain time, but its probably an incompatible tweak. What's the best to go about solving the issue?

With the old spreadsheet of iOS 6 compatibilities made private, it's hard to tell which tweaks are and aren't. You might have to isolate it by deleting them one by one or batch by batch to tell, but if you can get an AppList breakdown of the installed tweaks, we can start there.

Glad I found this. Trying it today!!!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

With the old spreadsheet of iOS 6 compatibilities made private, it's hard to tell which tweaks are and aren't. You might have to isolate it by deleting them one by one or batch by batch to tell, but if you can get an AppList breakdown of the installed tweaks, we can start there.
Would there be a way to C&P all my installed tweaks? 'Cause I have a ton, and it'd take forever to screen cap them all.

With AppList you can. AppList compiles a list of apps and edit versions installed in a text format. It's a little hard to read since its nor formatted to an actual list, rather its just 1 huge run on of name version name version name version name version etc etc, but its copy and paste-able

With AppList you can. AppList compiles a list of apps and edit versions installed in a text format. It's a little hard to read since its nor formatted to an actual list, rather its just 1 huge run on of name version name version name version name version etc etc, but its copy and paste-able

Uh, sorry about my ignorance, but…how do I access AppList? I understand its a preinstalled Cydia Package, but how do I use it?

Install AppInfo, run it, click on Packages on the bottom, then Export on the top, and simple list

Status
Not open for further replies.