What's new

Still worth a purchase?

iDad

Reaction score
I know this is the iPhone forum bit I have an iPad question. I joined the iPad forum a few days ago and asked but have only received one response which didn't answer my question and I know the folks over here respond quicker and I figure most Of y'all have iPads anyway so I was wondering if it was still a smart choice to buy an iPad 1. I'm gonna use it for surfing,Facebook, fantasy football, Netflix and stuff like that. Any opinion appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

The original iPad is still a good working device. However, it is no longer supported by Apple... as far as iOS updates go. The latest version supported on the original iPad is iOS 5.1.1. Purchasing an original iPad now... you're looking at app incompatibilities in the not too distant future. As many app Devs program their apps to require the latest, or close to, iOS versions.

The original iPad is still a good working device. However, it is no longer supported by Apple... as far as iOS updates go. The latest version supported on the original iPad is iOS 5.1.1. Purchasing an original iPad now... you're looking at app incompatibilities in the not too distant future. As many app Devs program their apps to require the latest, or close to, iOS versions.

This^
I would try to snag a 3rd gen iPad if possible.

That's probably why they're so cheap huh? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I have an iPad 2. Works for everything I need so far. Spend more time on my PC so I guess that's why it still works for me.

As an owner of an iPad 1, I will advise you to check out what apps still run on iPad 1. When I accidentally got a secondhand iphone 3G, I found out that there were very few apps that I could run on it. Even my favourite news apps wouldn't run on it. I realise ipad 1 isn't there yet but it soon will be.
If you can live with that, well, it's still a little treasure for music, Internet, movies etc...

Jailbreak it and you'll be ok

Thank me later

Tapatalking up in ya