What's new

Steve Wozniak wants the next iPhone to have a bigger screen display

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
$original.jpg

With the launch of the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, Apple has maintained the 4-inch size, even if there is a growing pressure from Android smartphones with bigger screen displays. Yesterday, even Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak said that the iPhone 6 should have a larger screen display.

At the Apps World 2013 developer conference taking place in London, Apple’s co-founder, Steve 'The Woz' Wozniak delivered a keynote saying that Apple should respond to the growing demand among consumers for bigger screen size. But if we look at how successful the new iPhones are so far, we can say that there is still plenty of consumers interested in Apple’s phones. ‘The Woz’ said:

"At first, I bought Android phones [to] do personal experimentation and I didn't like it, until about the Nexus One. There's a few I've liked a little along the way, but when it came to the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note - these are pretty good phones. "The HTC One and the Galaxy S4 - my eye is drawn to the nice big glowing screen...I'd like a larger screen."

Wozniak’s assertion comes after last week, businessman Donald Trump said the same thing via Twitter:

”Apple must go to a larger screen now--asap! They're losing their standing in the market!”

So far, we have seen larger iPhones only in concept images which makes us wonder - when will Apple release a bigger iPhone? But a more accurate question is this - do you need a bigger screen display with your iPhone?

Source: IB Times

Definitely needs to get bigger, no doubt about that IMO.

Fits my had well and already takes up enough space on my belt. It's a beautiful design and I hope they stick with what already works.

Let's hope it won't be just an 0.2 inch upgrade
I think it should be at least 4.7", really a 0.2" is neither here nor there, I would have liked to have seen the bigger screen this year.

You cant please every one, when they make it large lots of people will complain why did they make it larger, but it seems to me that apple are taking a lot of feedback and putting into action from android users, looks like they make be concentrating on switching customers mainly atm...

Personally I am happy with the size, though saying that I dont like using it for gaming or watching tv for example and try avoid it due to its smaller screen, especially because I have the iPad

You cant please every one, when they make it large lots of people will complain why did they make it larger, but it seems to me that apple are taking a lot of feedback and putting into action from android users, looks like they make be concentrating on switching customers mainly atm...

Personally I am happy with the size, though saying that I dont like using it for gaming or watching tv for example and try avoid it due to its smaller screen, especially because I have the iPad

I wish I had said it as well as you. There are multiple tools in a toolbox because there's no such thing as one tool that does it all. The device that fits a hand well as a phone just isn't going to do games and such as nicely as an iPad will. I'm old school in sticking to something smaller for my phone and if I need a bigger screen I'll choose one of the iPads for it. I respect other's choices and opinions, but that's mine.

Apple will eventually resize the iphone screen, but in my personal opinion the 4.0 screen is good enough.

Sent from my iPhone 5

They definitely need a bigger screen, and they need to jump on the home screen widget bandwagon. To me, when you look at the popularity of the galaxy s and note series from Samsung, I would think this would be a no-brainer. They are still choosing to not even compete in that market.

It is also true, that they could release 2 new phones next time. One with a larger screen, and one with the same size screen. Just saying. There is no need to piss off a bunch of their fans in order to step into a market that undeniably is in existence.

Last edited:
Although I had no problems holding my son's GS4, I wouldn't want that 5" size. But I would like a slightly wider iPhone. 4.3" to 4.5". I like using a case, so that has to figure in.

Apple definitely needs to come close to the competition with a larger screen.

It will be 4.7'... no more argument.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2