What's new

speaker blown

Soxty7flh

Reaction score
I am thinking of waiting till at least the 5S or what ever they call it, comes out before getting an upgrade.. until then, I am looking at a few things. I watched a youtube about replacement and it sure seems like a lot! I had the confidence from a u tube to do an SSD and memory on my 08 macbook, but this looks worse! anyone done it?

I've replaced front screens, back covers, home buttons, power button/proximity sensor flex cables, charging ports, and ear speakers. I've only been doing it since December and I started out on YouTube too. I started super nervous and now I don't hesitate to take an iDevice apart. Just make sure you buy quality parts, use the correct tools, and watch a few different videos of the same repair being performed before you attempt it yourself. That way you have a firm grasp before you tear into it yourself. All that said, have fun with it. The parts are made to fit, as long as you're attentive and patient, you should be ok. I've completely become obsessed with repairing now that I've been doing it a few months. Let me know how it goes.

quality parts.. that's another thing. Of course I would like to get the best speaker possible. When I search they all seem identical?

The big thing that tips you off to quality is their feedback and the price point. I've had good luck with SW-Box (long shipping times from Hong Kong being the only downside) and DirectFix. I'm in no way affiliated with either, just someone who likes to repair as a hobby. But those two have been great for me. DirectFix gets you the parts faster, but SW gets them cheaper. So it's just personal preference.

thanx so much! now to just make a decision!.. (do I keep messing with my bluetooth earpiece till the [5s 6] comes out and get my upgrade thats 3 plus years old, or do I fix this!

well.. figure I should do it. Looks like I can get some good money for working iphone 4's still. the "other" one, has a cracked back and iffy home button (tried that charger fix) I will order the stuff to fix 'em both! again, thanx!

No problem at all. I always have fun doing it. Let m know how it all turns out.