What's new

Spam texts

clevergoat

Reaction score
Recently I've been receiving spam texts to my iPhone. Not a problem yet as the volume is low, just an irritation. But, I can envision it easily becoming an expense for additional texts over my limit. Does anyone know how to block the sender? I did not see anything on the Verizon (my carrier) forums. It's possible that there is a solution in the iPhone and/or through the carrier. If you know, I'd appreciate your help. Thanks.

Sounds like you might of downloaded an app from the app store that takes numbers from your contact list

I think it's more likely that someone who has my number listed in their contact list downloaded the app, since I'm the one getting the spam. I will try contacting Verizon directly regarding this issue and if I get an answer/solution, I will post it here for anyone else who experiences the same problem.

I was able to find the resolution to my problem on the Verizon website.
[URL]http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/faqs/Features and Optional Services/spam_controls.html?grp=1&faq=2

How do I block unwanted text messages?

You can use either Internet Spam Controls or Call & Message Blocking available through Spam Controls
[/URL].

If the message is originating from an email address or Web domain, visit Internet Spam Controls and enter the email or domain to be blocked. Internet Spam Controls allow you to designate and block up to 15 email addresses, vtext IDs and/or Internet Domains from sending text, picture or video messages to you.

If the message is originating from a phone number, visit Call & Message Blocking and enter the phone number of the individual who you wish to block. Call & Message Blocking allows you to designate and block up to five phone numbers from sending text, picture or video messages to you.
You cannot block numbers that are within your account nor can you block non-10 digit numbers such as 911, 411 or #MIN (to check minutes used).

Last edited:
Thanks, Clevergoat. I am having the exact same problem. Your thread solutions have been very helpful.