What's new

Some Users Experiencing Error During iOS 9 Update

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
ios_9_ipad_iphone.jpg
While the Apple Watch's watchOS 2 release was delayed due to an unexpected bug earlier today, iOS 9 is now available to the public. Although the new iOS firmware is available to download, some users have reported problems downloading and installing the firmware.

When attempting to download iOS 9 this morning, many users are getting an error message saying "Software Update Failed". We'd like to assume that this is due to the servers being overloaded with users trying to update.

No need to worry as Apple is usually quick about these things and is probably getting to the final stages of fixing the problem. You might still be able to update currently with multiple attempts, or you can just wait until it's fixed and the installing goes smoothly.

Let us know!

I'm surfing around looking for reports of people who have successfully downloaded iOS 9... no luck so far... just a bunch of whiners on Twitter. I usually wade right in, but I've been busy at work and haven't had time. So I'll "try" and wait until tomorrow ;)

I just downloaded it with no problems. I used iTunes, not Wifi.

I did, however, get a random error message on iTunes when the iPhone restarted saying that iTunes couldn't connect to the iPhone, but it didn't affect anything.

I'm going to wait while tomorrow, Hopefully it will be less busy.

My iPhone doesn't come to terms about time remaining. It's "hopping" from 3 hours to 4 minutes, 1 hour, now it shows 50 minutes.

I'm updating OTA. It didn't stop loading yet, although it's downloading for quite a while now.

Edit:
My iPhone has finished updating. :)

Last edited:
I had no problems downloading and installing, though it did seem to take a good while longer than updating to iOS 8. I've been through the settings and the new apps and everything looks good thus far. I especially like the new keyboard and the new app switcher.

I had no problems downloading and installing, though it did seem to take a good while longer than updating to iOS 8. I've been through the settings and the new apps and everything looks good thus far. I especially like the new keyboard and the new app switcher.

Did you install OTA or did you connect to iTunes?

There are some cool new features here, but I'm wondering if they shouldve just called it ios 8.5?

I only have my iPad Air 2 to update as I'm waiting for my new phone, I might use iTunes this time.

Here in Australia down load was fast over the air. Just be aware the all new NeWS app is not available yet in Australia. However Just quickly change your region and restart the phone. And you'll have the news app from USA. Suspect it is content delay. Hey Siri set up is nice. I thought Hey Siri would work when phone not on power. Oh well.

Love the new font

Here in Australia down load was fast over the air. Just be aware the all new NeWS app is not available yet in Australia. However Just quickly change your region and restart the phone. And you'll have the news app from USA. Suspect it is content delay. Hey Siri set up is nice. I thought Hey Siri would work when phone not on power. Oh well.

Love the new font
Hey Siri without the phone hooked to the charger only works with the new iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.