What's new

Some things about iCloud just don't make sense

DaveM

Reaction score
I set up my Outlook 2010 calendar to work with iCloud. I like the wireless, nearly instant syncing that takes place when events are added. However, when using email in Outlook my upcoming events used to show in a column on the right side. Now it's empty and just says "no upcoming appointments." Why would they do that? In Outlook calendar I now have a separate iCloud calendar and all of the events that I used to have stored in my Outlook calendar have been moved there. This doesn't make sense to me either. It would have been nice to just have everything synced. Why a separate iCloud calendar? If anyone can explain this to me I'd appreciate it. Is there a good comprehensive instruction set anywhere for iCloud? I'd like to read about how everything is really supposed to work. I'd like to know if I set it up correctly.

Thanks mhawk, but I've been there and didn't find a thing about the problems I've experienced with Outlook. I think I need a tutorial that deals specifically with iCloud and Outlook.

Your best bet is to call Apple on this, there have been a few issues with the calender dates not transferring over like they should.

Your best bet is to call Apple on this, there have been a few issues with the calender dates not transferring over like they should.

Do you really mean that I can actually call an Apple support line and talk about this to a real person who knows what they're doing? I didn't know that was possible, and I'm not being smart. I figured that would be about as useful as trying to talk to someone at Microsoft (without paying an arm and a leg). I've tried that and got nowhere.

Moderation Notice:Edited For Offensive Language

Last edited by a moderator:
We need Microsoft to upgrade their product so we can set Outlook to make the iCloud calendar the default calendar. Until then we are going to have these problems. I have my iCloud calendar working great but you also need to know that if someone sends you an meeting appointment it will be by default on the Outlook calendar not the iCloud calendar. I almost missed a meeting because of this.