What's new

Some of my music is greyed out

Jack_Bikes

Reaction score
I can't play some of my music because the album & songs are greyed out as if they don't exist. These are songs & albums I've had for a good while. Do I have to erase all my music and reload it, again? Why does this happen?

9b77814370c8b07f6e0659077a35a9c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In most cases, this is a sync problem.

Try syncing the songs/albums again. Don't do it using Wi-Fi, use a cable and connect to iTunes. Make sure the songs are available in iTunes, before connecting your device.

Yes is was a sync problem. It corrected when I did the next sync. I always sync via cable. It's like my phone forgot what music was there. It also happened really quickly, like as soon as I connected. What I would like to know is why? These issues come up when I'm away from my home computer, on the road and I want to listen to music and it's greyed out!What gives?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do these songs play in iTunes? If they don't, they might be corrupted or incomplete, thus causing your problem.

Some don't, but now play fine in my phone. They don't appear to be corrupted. I think this happens when I'm away from my computer for some reason. Some of this music I have had for a long time on multiple devices. Like iPod 1. As soon as I sync every song instantly, (almost) is ok? Doesn't seem to be the music's problem. It's a mystery.

In answer, no the were greyed out on iTunes when I first looked at the and then during sync they started to not be greyed out and you could see iTunes turning them on until they were all ok.