What's new

So what is the next big phone/tablet inovation?

crowd pleaser

Reaction score
not just another iOS V Android thread, thats all been done to death in here :).

News reports of a slide in the sales of smartphones iirc 11%, so i thought this is due to the quad dip recession but is it really due to the lack of fresh must have idea's?

Whatever your flavour or make loyalty, they are offering fairly competing options in many area's, Apple is no longer the way ahead master, The larger screen on the Samsung's III is growing favour, which pushed Apple to make the 5 bigger and also release a 1/2 sized tablet.

I think M$ new W8 seamlessly covering across tablets and phones as well as still still the desktop/laptop main o/s, is a powerful dark horse that will come up quiet and fast in the rails, imho having lost it's way and wasted its time with buggy and limited windows ce.

so what would you suggest to kick renewed feverish consumer interest into life? it don't have to be possible today as an example a time travel app might be in many bucket lists.

it won't be long before devices with flexible screens even flexi bodies will become familiar, with HDMi already available from phones and tablets how about a curved panel glasses you can use for a driving game sim while on a light?

i think if you wanna see what's next as far as innovation for smart phones you have to look in the direction of samsung. theirs no doubt they are the leaders right now when it comes to innovation and new ways of pushing the limits of what a smart phone can do.

not knocking, personally i think Samsung are riding more on a wave of trend than innovation. They have chosen to release a larger screen which was brave as in the past larger screen handsets simply did not grab the core customers attention.

The app writers (to their credit) have become so proficient it's a hard act for any hardware maker to hit on a truly new innovation that rocks the world the way they have over the last 5 or so years. I do wonder as consumers we expect to much to be led and amazed - has this gravy train road hit he buffers?

i think if you wanna see what's next as far as innovation for smart phones you have to look in the direction of samsung. theirs no doubt they are the leaders right now when it comes to innovation and new ways of pushing the limits of what a smart phone can do.

I guess I'll revive this thread. I don't think Samsung does all that much innovating, I think they are better at copying their competition. They have copied from Apple, HTC and LG. Hopefully they'll get knocked off their perch this year, which looks totally possible after seeing the new S4 launch.

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA on the iPhone Forums

The galaxy s4 looks like a great phone with a few new features with the smart system amongst others. I like smart stay and smart rotation on my note 2 so im glad they have improved on them. Its not a massive step up from the gs3 but they have done all they can. Its time for google to bring the innovation to android with a software update from jelly bean. Most new features now days are software based as with the iphone. Most features that come out are from the ios system so the previous models get it anyway.

The galaxy s4 looks like a great phone with a few new features with the smart system amongst others. I like smart stay and smart rotation on my note 2 so im glad they have improved on them. Its not a massive step up from the gs3 but they have done all they can. Its time for google to bring the innovation to android with a software update from jelly bean. Most new features now days are software based as with the iphone. Most features that come out are from the ios system so the previous models get it anyway.

I was under the impression that the galaxy S4 would ship with the latest iteration of Android software (Key Lime Pie).

I was under the impression that the galaxy S4 would ship with the latest iteration of Android software (Key Lime Pie).

like the previous poster said its being released with 4.2.2 but I'll tell you the note 2 isn't laggy like he said. i wont get the s4 because of the minor upgrades but its definitely one of the top contenders.

like the previous poster said its being released with 4.2.2 but I'll tell you the note 2 isn't laggy like he said. i wont get the s4 because of the minor upgrades but its definitely one of the top contenders.

Yes it is I own one lol

samsung wishes it was an iphone

Yes it is I own one lol

That is normal. Unless you are doing something completely not right you wont even notice it. Leave your apps open on your iPhone and tell me it doesn't lag. Same goes for the note 2

That is normal. Unless you are doing something completely not right you wont even notice it. Leave your apps open on your iPhone and tell me it doesn't lag. Same goes for the note 2

No my iphone doesn't lock up I have neber rebooted or shut it down since September 2012 on my note I had to pull the battery out a few dozen times and factory reset it 20 times in two months .

No my iphone doesn't lock up I have neber rebooted or shut it down since September 2012 on my note I had to pull the battery out a few dozen times and factory reset it 20 times in two months .

Ok whatever you say.

My iPhone lags like hell and I would swap for a note in a heartbeat if I could find anyone willing to swap with me. I've got the 4s