What's new

Slow 3g

Spike529

Reaction score
I got my Iphone 5 about a month ago I'd say. At first I had no problems everything ran smoothly, my internet ran respectably fast on my 3g connection. I then downloaded Ios 7 without an issue, but then last weekend another Ios 7 update came out 7.0.2 I believe and when I downloaded that my 3g internet went to crap. most pages take a painfully long time to load and some apps like youtube won't even load up right at all because of the poor connection. I've reset wireless settings and called my provider so I'm not getting throttled or anything on my service for over usage or anything like that, I don't use it that much. I've also turned it on and off a few times, hard reset and restored my phone using itunes reinstalling the operating system again. I'm really not sure what else to do I've been looking up solutions everywhere and nothing seems to be working. Anybody else have any problems after the latest ios 7 update?

straightalk, I have a friend who uses the same carrier and has no issues with his 3g

It seems pretty obvious that it was from the update because I had no issue until literally right after I downloaded the update, I think it's too big of a coincidence for it to be an issue with my service provider.

Well I fixed my problem. Just fyi for anyone else who may have this same problem in the future, if you have straight talk and you have an Iphone 5 and your 3g gets slow as heck after an update. Here's how I fixed it, first I took my previous phone that I had still attached to my account I copied the serial number from the straight talk website from that phone so I could reactivate it. Second I removed my old phone from my straight talk account, unless you've already done this then you can skip this step just make sure you still have the serial number from this old phone on hand. Then do a number transfer on the straight talk website back to your old phone from the iphone. Now remove the Iphone from your account like you did with your old phone so that the only phone still showing on your account is your old phone. Then reactivate your iphone onto your account again. After I did these steps my 3g went back up to normal speeds. Hope this helps anyone else who may be having this problem :).

pretty sure I said I have straighttalk for my carrier

I encountered mirror issues with some applications but it got back to normal after a couple of days. I had to update my Itunes and synchronize my laptop and iphone again.