What's new

Slide to answer not working at times

mach1man

Reaction score
So I've had this happen a few times here lately, where the slide to answer isn't working. I'll slide but nothing happens like the screen is frozen. After I miss the call and hit the lock button it'll start to work again. Any ideas or should I just do a fresh restore?

Have you done a reset of the phone it usually clears up alot of issues when the phone is actict strangely

Holding down the power button and the home button at the same time reboots the iphone. Screen will go blank and then an apple will appear sometimes i've had to charge the iphone if the apple doesn't appear after a few minutes

Yes i would have suggested that too, it can clear a lot of little glitches.

There was a thread posted here recently about it. I did some googling and it's possible it is an issue with assigning a ringtone to someone. Was it a call from someone you assigned a ringtone..or was it the default ring? My issue resolved (so far) after unassigning the ringtone, then a reset, then I reassinged.

No I don't have assigned ringtones. But when I bought this phone I set it up off of my iphone 5 iOS 7 backup. But that iphone 5 was jail broken on iOS 6 and when I updated to iOS 7 it was a little unstable so I wonder if it's kinda following over