What's new

SlickWraps Review

Darkstar2007

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello forum members and visitors,

Today I'm gonna give everybody my full review of the wraps SlickWraps sent me.

First off let me say this, I'm blown away by the quality of these fine products. It's very hard to impress me with a product like this, but I'll have to say, SlickWraps has turned me into a believer. When i opened the package to the red carbon full body wrap, blue vivid glow wrap, and the clear snap on case I was immediately impressed with the overall look and feel of the product. I couldn't wait to install this product onto my Verizon iPhone 4.

So i proceeded to clean my iPhone with the lint free microfiber cloth SlickWraps included. After my iPhone was squeaky clean I started the installation process. I began with the red carbon fiber full body wrap. The entire procedure was very simple and straight forward. I had no problem lining up the wraps on my iPhone. So with the wrap fully installed i noticed something.... No air bubbles! I never have installed any type of wrap or screen protector without a few air bubbles popping up! No matter how much I'd squeegee I would always have air bubbles! The next thing I noticed was the cut-outs for the volume buttons, the headphone jack, the silent switch, the noise cancellation mic, the speaker, the main mic, the 30 pin doc connector, and the home button were all precision cut. Everything fits very smooth like it should!

The red carbon wrap looked amazing on my iPhone after the installation was complete! The product just feels premium, durable, and of high quality. I could go on and on about this particular wrap, but lets move on to the blue vivid glow wrap!

The Blue Vivid Glow wrap felt just as good as the red carbon fiber wrap. All of the cut outs were precision cut and the skin was very smooth! This wrap is a tad bit thicker, but that's probably due to the material that makes this wrap glow. After installation, I went outside at night to test this wraps glow in the dark feature. I was yet again impressed by this product. The wrap glowed just as bright as a glow stick you can buy at a concert, or around Halloween! If you didn't know any better you would think this product was battery powered! :D!! This would be a great wrap for those who like to go out a lot at night, or it'd make a real good conversation starter! Now lets move on to the crystal clear snap on case.

The clear snap on case is an exceptionally clear case! This case is like other clear cases you can buy, but for the fraction of the price! I installed the case over both the red carbon wrap, and the blue vivid glow wrap. The case fit very snug on my iPhone with both of the wraps. Its a great way to add extra protection along with the SlickWraps! The cut-outs are all where they should be, and the case doesn't have the flash bleeding into your pictures problem like some cases do. Overall I like the clear snap on case and the red carbon fiber full body wrap combination, but that's just my personal preference!

Well to round everything up in this review I'd just like to thank SlickWraps for the products they sent to my home, and for the opportunity to write this review! The pictures I attached really don't do this product justice. The wraps look great and feel great! Also the vivid glow wrap was difficult to take a picture of in the dark. My camera just wasn't up to the task (It'd been nice if i could've use my iPhones camera! :D) SlickWraps has just gained a lifetime customer! I'd just like to say keep up the good work, and i hope everybody enjoyed reading this review!

You can check out all of SlickWraps products, and the ones mentioned in this review, at their website

Custom skins, wraps and cases for iPhones, iPads and other mobile devices

You can also contact, or read up on SlickWraps products in our Sponsoring vendors forum.

Last edited:
Well put. I'll take your advice. I saw a few of the wraps on the site and can't wait to order a wrap for my iPad. I wish they had a burgundy wrap though.

iCrank said:
Well put. I'll take your advice. I saw a few of the wraps on the site and can't wait to order a wrap for my iPad. I wish they had a burgundy wrap though.

Yeah I wish I had an iPad to stick one on! Lol. Well they have mahogany. It's close to burgundy, but I understand it isn't burgundy. :D! I really like the way the maple series looks. It's a real attractive wrap.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

darkstar2007 said:
Yeah I wish I had an iPad to stick one on! Lol. Well they have mahogany. It's close to burgundy, but I understand it isn't burgundy. :D! I really like the way the maple series looks. It's a real attractive wrap.

The iPad wraps are Real nice. Again I wish they had burgundy lol. We'll see

iCrank said:
The iPad wraps are Real nice. Again I wish they had burgundy lol. We'll see

Maybe they'll have it in the future? :D!

darkstar2007 said:
Maybe they'll have it in the future? :D!

Yeah..maybe after they read this review they'll see how much the moderator iCrank loves burgundy

Haha. I recommended slickewraps to a friend and he told me zaggskins are better. Lol. I'm about to send him this review.

iCrank said:
Haha. I recommended slickewraps to a friend and he told me zaggskins are better. Lol. I'm about to send him this review.

Don't get me started on zaggskins... Lol. That's one of the products I had air bubble problems with. That and wrapsol. I'll never buy those products again..!! Send It to him! Then he'll see what I'm talking about.

darkstar2007 said:
Don't get me started on zaggskins... Lol. That's one of the products I had air bubble problems with. That and wrapsol. I'll never buy those products again..!! Send It to him! Then he'll see what I'm talking about.

Lol. I sent the link...

SlickWraps said:
Thanks for the praise, we agree! There is one HUGE difference between ZAGG and SlickWraps. It is easy to see is that most of their wraps are mainly just printed on vinyls. They have no depth or texture to them. Take a wood grain wrap for example. We use architectural grade wood veneers, same material used in luxury private aircraft. If you buy a wood grain from them it is simply printed on some vinyl.

Another HUGE difference is that we manufacture all our products in the USA and buy all our materials from local vendors. You will not see this statement made anywhere on Zagg's website because they do not manufacture their own products and the companies that do are not in the United States.

I understand that. That printed on picture is hilarious. As soon as I can spend a little money on myself I'm most definitely buying some. I'm going to buy one for my iPad and I'm recommending it to everybody.
My friend also suggested darkstar use more of the solution provided by zagg. Rotfl.

SlickWraps said:
No solution needed on our wraps. All the premium series will install with ZERO bubbles guaranteed. PM us and I will make sure you get hooked up with one of our products for the iPad.

Lol that's what I love about these wraps! I thought my iPhone was gonna drown in that solution from zagg. I STILL had air bubbles. Idk about anybody else out there, but when I get air bubbles under my protector/wrap it just ruins the product for me. I didn't even have to squeegee the SlickWraps I reviewed. It installed perfectly. Which was a true first for me! I have the red carbon fiber full body wrap on my iPhone, and it's not coming off :D!!

SlickWraps said:
No solution needed on our wraps. All the premium series will install with ZERO bubbles guaranteed. PM us and I will make sure you get hooked up with one of our products for the iPad.

Lol that's what I love about these wraps! I thought my iPhone was gonna drown in that solution from zagg. I STILL had air bubbles. Idk about anybody else out there, but when I get air bubbles under my protector/wrap it just ruins the product for me. I didn't even have to squeegee the SlickWraps I reviewed. It installed perfectly. Which was a true first for me! I have the red carbon fiber full body wrap on my iPhone, and it's not coming off :D!!

the thing with this friend is arrogance. he has to find out about it before people find out about or else he wont like it. I had zagg products and I didnt have much success with them. The zagg works good for some people. I know I wont pay for a picture that offers little to no appeal.

iCrank said:
the thing with this friend is arrogance. he has to find out about it before people find out about or else he wont like it. I had zagg products and I didnt have much success with them. The zagg works good for some people. I know I wont pay for a picture that offers little to no appeal.

I wouldn't either. I really don't like the idea of using a wet application skin like zagg. I like the dry ones better. It just feels better. Plus that cheap vinyl will wear off in no time. Especially under heavy use.

Well the zagg skin I had did. It couldn't handle the abuse lol!

darkstar2007 said:
I wouldn't either. I really don't like the idea of using a wet application skin like zagg. I like the dry ones better. It just feels better. Plus that cheap vinyl will wear off in no time. Especially under heavy use.

Well the zagg skin I had did. It couldn't handle the abuse lol!

I remember dumping my phone into the pool at best buy mobile. Lol. I bought the zagg from bbm and they installed it for me. I was so scared that the worker put to much solution on my then brand new iPhone. Lol. Sad to say it started peeling about 2 weeks later. I'll never use them again. Now I'm excited about slick wraps because it will add so much flavor to my devices. I'm going to walk all over the bay area displaying slick wraps. Lol.