What's new

Siri voice command to stop recording at the end of a text message?

jannlanz

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to your forum and to the Iphone 5/Siri. My question is... when I am using Siri to text back and forth with people, is there a way to stop recording at the end of my text using a voice command, or must I manually touch the "done" button to stop the microphone? I have tried "end recording", "stop recording", "done", and a few others which do not work. I also tried turning on the hands free option which made no difference. Thank you very much to anyone that can answer.

I thought just pressing the play/pause button on your mic-piece would do the trick.

Thank you Willerz2. Yes I can press the button and it stops recording fine. What I am trying to find out is if there is a voice command to stop the recording. Thank you.

Don't think so, because done, finished, end, complete, etc, could also be part of your conversation, so if you just so happen to say that particular word, you'll end up sending an incomplete message and possibly start talking to yourself without you knowing :p

I haven't gone that far into playing around with Siri but I can take a pretty hazardous guess that there isn't a voice command yet if ever