What's new

Siri is not talking to me or dialing contacts

dinguszook

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new this forum and hope someone can help me fix siri on my 4S. I was trying to free up some RAM by disabling/deleting Launch Daemons and language files and now Siri is not working right. I did delete the VoiceServices.framework folder by accident but restored it (to system/library/privateframeworks). I was thinking that maybe there is no sync with apple's servers. Reset network connections in settings/general/reset did not help.

Hi all, I'm new this forum and hope someone can help me fix siri on my 4S. I was trying to free up some RAM by disabling/deleting Launch Daemons and language files and now Siri is not working right. I did delete the VoiceServices.framework folder by accident but restored it (to system/library/privateframeworks). I was thinking that maybe there is no sync with apple's servers. Reset network connections in settings/general/reset did not help.

EDIT

Siri does call my contacts, just doesn't speak responses.

Have you tried going to Settings>General>Siri>Voice Feedback and making sure that the switch is set for always instead of handsfree?

Voice feedback is set to always. I have tried resetting network connections, disabling and re-enabling Siri, putting phone in safe mode/airplane mode, but still does not talk to me (only messages appear on the screen). All other siri functions seem to be normal though (calling, setting alarms, texts, email). Though it feels like it takes longer now for Siri to "think" about her answers. Before this happened I was removing launch daemons, lanquage files, Nike app + folders, etc. I don't know what I did

Voice feedback is set to always. I have tried resetting network connections, disabling and re-enabling Siri, putting phone in safe mode/airplane mode, but still does not talk to me (only messages appear on the screen). All other siri functions seem to be normal though (calling, setting alarms, texts, email). Though it feels like it takes longer now for Siri to "think" about her answers. Before this happened I was removing launch daemons, lanquage files, Nike app + folders, etc. I don't know what I did

Well I replaced the folders that I modified with the original ones from the backup I made and the screen stayed on the apple. I had to restore and now I'm stuck with iOS 7. I could jailbreak it thanks to the Evad3rs but what's the point none of the apps are compatible yet. I would like to thank all of the many people who tried to help me fix Siri. This forum was useless.