What's new

Siri for iPhone 4 users eventually?

Berta

Reaction score
As we all know, SIRI is only available for the iPhone 4S. We also know that it's not a hardware add-on. With that being said, could us iPhone 4 owners eventually have a hack or jailbreak to put Siri on our iPhone 4's?

Berta said:
As we all know, SIRI is only available for the iPhone 4S. We also know that it's not a hardware add-on. With that being said, could us iPhone 4 owners eventually have a hack or jailbreak to put Siri on our iPhone 4's?

It's in the works! 😊

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

First off, lets look at some realities.

1) This is a BETA product.

That point alone means things can change at any moment.

2) Apple doesn't historically release BETA products to the masses.

Siri though is a unique product however. It needs to learn. And the only way to do that is to get at least a hundred thousand people using it.

3) By releasing it on only one platform, they control the BETA rate.

Think about it. 25 million people switched to iOS 5. Of those only 4 million or so was iPhone 4S users. And of those only 3 languages are activated. So they have limited this BETA to a very controlled number.

So lets give Apple some leeway right now. Things can and will change. Heck they could cancel the project technically. But I am going to go with they need more time to work out the kinks.

First off, lets look at some realities.

1) This is a BETA product.

That point alone means things can change at any moment.

2) Apple doesn't historically release BETA products to the masses.

Siri though is a unique product however. It needs to learn. And the only way to do that is to get at least a hundred thousand people using it.

3) By releasing it on only one platform, they control the BETA rate.

Think about it. 25 million people switched to iOS 5. Of those only 4 million or so was iPhone 4S users. And of those only 3 languages are activated. So they have limited this BETA to a very controlled number.

So lets give Apple some leeway right now. Things can and will change. Heck they could cancel the project technically. But I am going to go with they need more time to work out the kinks.

Genius, Skull.

Don't get me wrong, Siri is amazing, but why does it seem like EVERY iPhone user wants a 4S? Siri? Thats not a good enough reason, to me. Is their last gen. iPhone no longer good enough? If not, then why was it good enough for them before Siri was announced in the 4S? Confused.

I just don't get it. Yes, it would be nice to have the latest iPhone, but honestly, I am very happy to have the iPhone I have, and I'm not gonna try to put something (like siri) into my phone, where it doesn't belong (yet), and if apple says Siri will work on 4, and add it to the next update, is when I'll get it.

when the time comes, I'll upgrade to the 4S, But for now, I am a proud iPhone user, and very happy with the one I have, without Siri.

Sorry. Just kinda bugs me. I bet if every iPhone had feelings, every iPhone but the 4S's feelings would be hurt. :-(

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.462238,-111.990681
Sent from my  iPhone 4 via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Genius, Skull.

Don't get me wrong, Siri is amazing, but why does it seem like EVERY iPhone user wants a 4S? Siri? Thats now a good enough reason, to me. Is their last gen. iPhone no longer good enough? If not, then why was it good enough for them before Siri was announced in the 4S? Confused.

I just don't get it. Yes, it would be nice to have the latest iPhone, but honestly, I am very happy to have the iPhone I have, and I'm not gonna try to put something (like siri) into my phone, where it doesn't belong (yet), and if apple says Siri will work on 4, and add it to the next update, is when I'll get it.

when the time comes, I'll upgrade to the 4S, But for now, I am a proud iPhone user, and very happy with the one I have, without Siri.

Sorry. Just kinda bugs me. I bet if every iPhone had feelings, every iPhone but the 4S's feelings would be hurt. :-(

Doesn't you iPhone have feelings? Mine does. I'm sure of it. :) I couldn't agree with you more. I bought my IP 4 this spring on a two year Verizon contract, knowing full well that a new model would be coming out late summer or fall. My next upgrade will be spring of 2013. I'm happy, happy with my phone (not yet so much with iOS 5) and that will be just fine. Besides, you wouldn't believe some of the features that my phone will have in 2013. :D

Doesn't you iPhone have feelings? Mine does. I'm sure of it. :) I couldn't agree with you more. I bought my IP 4 this spring on a two year Verizon contract, knowing full well that a new model would be coming out late summer or fall. My next upgrade will be spring of 2013. I'm happy, happy with my phone (not yet so much with iOS 5) and that will be just fine. Besides, you wouldn't believe some of the features that my phone will have in 2013. :D

Kudos!!

I as well. I upgraded to iPhone 4, 2 months ago. Got a long ways to go to upgrade. Besides, u and I might be able to upgrade to the iPhone 6, or 7 in 2013, and Siri might be obsolete. LOL ;-)

Thanks for the support, Dave!! :-D

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.462248,-111.990690
Sent from my  iPhone 4 via Tapatalk

My annoyance is that before the 4S came out, I had Siri on my iPhone4. Now that the 4S is on the market, the original Siri no longer functions on the iPhone4. That to me is not just not being able to get a new function but rather losing an old function that was already there. Moreover, the old Siri is no longer available in the App store. Siri is a great App. It is very annoying for Aple to take it away from us.

Last edited:
My annoyance is that before the 4S came out, I had Siri on my iPhone4. Now that the 4S is on the market, the original Siri no longer functions on the iPhone4. That to me is not just not being able to get a new function but rather losing an old function that was already there. Moreover, the old Siri is no longer available in the App store. Siri is a great App. It is very annoying for Aple to take it away from us.

I recently got the iphone 4 and never had the siri app. But I can see where pulling it would anger a lot of people. It does seem like dirty pool.

I have Siri. Yippie. Although she prefers the name Lula or baby. Doesn't quite work well with wolfram alpha but she's a great cook, beautiful and very caring. Now all you have to do is quit talking to your phone and go out and talk to real people. Lol. Did I forget to mention battery life is at 23 years.