What's new

Siri available on 3GS, 4, iTouch 3g & 4g! ported by iAmS1r1 dev team

mariantheiGeek

Reaction score
Siri now ported to custom iOS 4.3.5 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4(GSM), iPhone 4 CDMA (iOS 4.2.10), iPod 3g and 4g and Apple Tv 2g (iOS 4.3).
Apple's famous new 4S exclusive feature called Siri was succesfully ported to 3GS by iAmS1r1 dev team!
Test photos: Siri on 3GS - Photos
Based on one of geohot's exploits and ih8sn0w's research, team iAmS1r1 got the Siri feature ported on 3GS!
Against any expectations the app was NOT ported to iOS 5 but to iOS4 (4.3.5).The reason Siri is imposible to be ported on iOS5 for 3GS is that iOS5 has links to specific 4s components prohibiting porting Siri to other handsets.(as ih8sn0w suspected)
The other great issue standing between our 3GS and Siri was the fact that Siri connects to Apple servers, the connection first being checked if comes from a 4S.
We admit.It was a stressful and time consuming job but iAmS1r1 team managed to fake these servers and make the 3GS appear as an actual 4s.
Once we did this, the actual porting was easy.

source: Siri now ported to custom jaibroken iOS 4.3.5 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4(GSM), iPod 3g and 4g, Apple Tv 2g ( iOS 4.3 ) and iPhone 4 CDMA ( iOS 4.2.10 )

I am going to laugh hysterically when Apple puts Siri out on iOS 5 for all devices once the beta is done.

Skull One said:
I am going to laugh hysterically when Apple puts Siri out on iOS 5 for all devices once the beta is done.

Me too. That is my prediction too!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Really though, anybody can take screenshot pics of Siri in action on a 4S... then take pics of you looking @ them on a 3GS. Where's the beef?!? i.e. VIDEO of it working on the 3GS.

"Likely"... who knows. But since it's been released in beta form on the 4S, that does add a hit of possibility into the mix.

I guess I have a lot to learn on this iPhone stuff lol

Why would you do that?

Because a lot of people are trying to port something that is probably going to be released by Apple at a later time. IE they are wasting their time.