What's new

Siri allows strangers to access your phone even when it is locked with passcode.

junaid_kazi

Reaction score
Hi,

I have used Siri when the phone is locked with passcode and tried to sent text messages and make calls and it never asked me or said anything that the phone is locked or something. It sents and makes calls even when the phone is locked with passcode and thus if someone finds your phone they can easily misuse the phone with the help of Siri even when the phone is locked with passcode.

So, keep your phone safe away from strangers.

Hi,

I have used Siri when the phone is locked with passcode and tried to sent text messages and make calls and it never asked me or said anything that the phone is locked or something. It sents and makes calls even when the phone is locked with passcode and thus if someone finds your phone they can easily misuse the phone with the help of Siri even when the phone is locked with passcode.

So, keep your phone safe away from strangers.

Actually YOU allowed strangers access to your locked phone. The default for passcode usage is for Siri to be OFF. You turned it to ON. If you feel there is a security issue, you should return Siri to its default configuration in the passcode section of settings.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. It really helped me. But just to let you know that the default settings for Siri while having passcode is ON. As, the settings which you told I had no idea before so there was no way I have changed it. Though now I have turned it off and it really works, I mean Siri doesn't work unless the phone is unlocked.

Thanks for the solution though.

Cheers.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. It really helped me. But just to let you know that the default settings for Siri while having passcode is ON. As, the settings which you told I had no idea before so there was no way I have changed it. Though now I have turned it off and it really works, I mean Siri doesn't work unless the phone is unlocked.

Thanks for the solution though.

Cheers.

That's very interesting. When I tested it, the feature was set to off initially. I wonder if that might be due to the fact I backed up my iPhone 4 that was on iOS 5 and transferred it to my 4S?

That's very interesting. When I tested it, the feature was set to off initially. I wonder if that might be due to the fact I backed up my iPhone 4 that was on iOS 5 and transferred it to my 4S?

Yeah may be not sure but I even checked it on my friends new i-phone 4s and the default setting for Siri while using passcode is ON and I had to manually turn it off to prevent strangers to get access to his phone while the passcode is ON.

I can also confirm that that default setting for Siri use with pass code is ON. That's not good. Apple needs to change that.

Well, that clearly means that the default settings is ON for Siri while using Passcode which I am sure most of the users will not be aware and their phones will be accessible with the help of Siri even when it is locked with passcode.